Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ptjh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
You guys seem pretty informed about the US one. Any word about the UK one? When does it normally happen and is it normally the same offer? Thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The UK version of the offer generally runs in the September-October timeframe. It's generally pretty similar to the US one.

Last year it ran from September 12th through October 30th and the deal was £85 off of an iPod.

Floop

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Damn, I've been waiting for these for about 2 months - I'm beginning to wonder whether Apple are even going to bother offering a Back To School promotion in the UK this year.

I mean, everyone has already GONE back to school.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Damn, I've been waiting for these for about 2 months - I'm beginning to wonder whether Apple are even going to bother offering a Back To School promotion in the UK this year.

I don't return to University until September 23rd. The promotion didn't start until September 12th last year.

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK

I think when apple say 'back to school' they actually mean college or university. My university doesn't start back until 29th Sept (freshers start 22nd), so I think sometime next week should be perfectly viable.

ptjh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
I think when apple say 'back to school' they actually mean college or university. My university doesn't start back until 29th Sept (freshers start 22nd), so I think sometime next week should be perfectly viable.

Yeah St andrews is the same dates as you university. I can't see them neglecting the uk market since they haven't in the past. Free NEW version ipods aswell mmmmmmmm ;) maybe we're getting a better deal than the US lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.