Apple UK returns - try and return?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pollyp, Mar 28, 2011.

1. pollyp macrumors newbie

Hi! I have an iPad 2 on order from Apple UK in the hope that I can take it out of the packaging, activate, sync etc. and yet return it if I decide I don't need it. Am I right in thinking that Apple UK definitely will accept a return if activated and used? Obviously I'd reset it before I sent it back if I chose to.

I could buy quicker from a store etc. but I doubt any of them would allow me to try it at home then return it. Or does anyone know if any stores do?

Confirmation that Apple UK will definitely let me do this would be much appreciated!

2. 2 Owls macrumors regular

If you don't need it? surely you must know this already.

3. gnasher729 Suspended

gnasher729

Why don't you do everyone involved a favour and try one out at an Apple Store? Can't you decide whether you need it or not before you order it?

4. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

Yeah you usually have 14 days to return it. Not sure if they are charging restocking fee is it's been opened. They stopped it last Xmas but not sure if it's the case now

5. pollyp, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

pollyp thread starter macrumors newbie

Rather weird answers, but thanks Muscleflex. To the other two: I've played with them in Apple Stores, and decided I can't be sure til I have one synced with the apps I'd like to try etc. So it means either Apple get no chance of a sale, or they are enlightened enough to risk me trying one for free, and maybe make a sale. I'm not trying to fiddle anyone here - just asking policy so I know whether to keep my order or cancel.

If anyone has successfully returned an iPad they tried at home to Apple at no fee I'd be happy to know!

6. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Yes you will be able to open it and use it, then if your not happy with it wipe it and return it under the 14 day return period. No restocking fees.

7. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

I guess there's probably some rule, otherwise you could keep 'renting' iPads every two weeks...?

Personally, I'd never buy something that I wasn't sure I needed. I remember when I bought mine there was a guy in front explaining to the store staff that he wanted to buy the 64gb 3G version, but didn't know what the iPad actually did, what 64gb meant, or even what 3G was. It was like the desire to purchase was the primary motivation. Apple products have this effect on some people.