Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a fun new iPhone X ad on its YouTube channel, this time touting the capabilities of the A11 Bionic chip built into the device.

In the video, a student walks down the street playing popular iOS game Vainglory on his iPhone when the game characters start coming to life and attacking him, causing him to fight them off in the real world.

Apple has shared multiple clever iPhone X ads focusing on features like Face ID, Animoji, Portrait Mode, Portrait Lighting, and more, but this is the first video that has specifically highlighted the A11 Bionic chip, which is the fastest chip ever in one of Apple's mobile devices.

The A11 is a 10-nanometer six-core 2.4GHz chip with two performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, and it's powerful enough for console-quality games and augmented reality applications. It includes a three-core Apple-designed GPU too, along with an embedded M11 Motion coprocessor.

In benchmarks, the A11 significantly outperforms the A10 included in previous models for better gaming and better performance all around. It's called the "Bionic" because two of the cores in the chip are dedicated to a neural engine that's able to process more than 600 billion operations per second, powering Face ID and other machine learning tasks.

Apple's latest iPhone X ad will be shown on TV and on social networks starting soon. According to Vainglory's developers, there's an exclusive skin tied to the ad that can be downloaded in game.

See the @Apple A11 Bionic chip & EVIL engine in action--then log in and claim your exclusive skin today! #iPhoneX #Vainglory #dAv11dReza - Vainglory (@vainglory) July 25, 2018

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Unleash' iPhone X Ad Highlighting A11 Bionic Chip

Reactions: AngerDanger

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
It's about time that they promote their in-house chips. They should've done in half a year ago really. What point is there in promoting an SoC that will no longer be the newest in just a couple of months?

Dragonlord_66

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2018
I hope that ios 12 will deliver this experience , when I try to multitask like this on ios 11 , one of the app crashes or hangs
yo i tried iOS 12 on my iPhone X for a day and it was soooo snappy for example that when i accidentally double tapped the camera icon, the camera app lauched soo fast that it click the photo in the second click that was just a milli second after the icon click

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2012
Hmm, are they trying to hide the notch in this ad? It appears to have fade out at the sides when he's in the game.
(I have the 8 plus, never used an X, so not sure if this is how apps are dealing with the notch)

notch.PNG

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m Surprised by how many members are allowing an iPhone ad to upset them over the iPhone X processor. I liked it. I thought it’s creative, shows the multitasking on how well the X performs in between messages, gaming, ect. It may not be the _normal_ Apple we used to see with marketing, but they should change their marketing tactics to demonstrate different capabilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunarworks

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
What the hell is happening to Apple? Even their commercials are becoming ... worse.

Totally Agee, they should have some smug people, dressed poorly, and with stupid expressions on their face, when they find out their Samsung S9s are way slower than the iPhones with the A11 chip, they should double down on the stupidity. Now that would be a great commercial! oh wait!
[doublepost=1532537702][/doublepost]
The notch is still there, doesn’t look faded to me

The X is awesome! super big screen, just open and swipe, the Face ID unlocks your phone, no waiting. The notch is fake news. honestly, that is the part of the screen that shows signal strength, time, etc. The security from 3d face scanning is totally worth it.
[doublepost=1532537739][/doublepost]
A11? PSSSHH. The A12 is where it's at.
A25 has a built in tricorder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.