Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced a new seventh-generation low-cost iPad with a bigger 10.2-inch Retina display than the previous generation.

ipad-10.2-inch-.jpg

The new iPad includes an A10 Fusion chip, support for the first-gen Apple Pencil, and a Smart Connector for attaching Apple's Smart Keyboard.
"The new iPad packs even more value into our most popular and affordable iPad model featuring a bigger 10.2-inch Retina display, support for Apple Pencil and for the first time, the full-size Smart Keyboard," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of Product Marketing. "The new iPad was built to run iPadOS, which introduces powerful new ways to multitask, manage and mark up documents, use Apple Pencil and view more information at a glance on a redesigned Home screen. This new iPad with iPadOS takes everything people love about our most popular iPad and makes it even better for creating, learning, working and playing."
The new seventh-generation iPad comes in silver, space gray and gold finishes in 32GB and 128GB configurations. iPad starts at $329 for the Wi-Fi model and $459 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.

Apple's most affordable iPad, which is made from 100 percent recycled aluminum for the first time, starts shipping September 30, and orders start today.

Article Link: Apple Unveils New Low-Cost 10.2-inch iPad Starting at $329

malko

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2014
"A10 Fusion chip", haha. Barely an upgrade from the 1,5 year old 6th gen iPad at all. Same chip, same format (but a hair bigger screen), still 1 gen pencil, same price. If the price was good 1,5 year ago it's not today anymore. No new iPad for me this year either...

Comment

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
They mentioned thumb drive. USB-C? Or are they expecting us to use Lightning to USB adapter?

Comment

Spizike9

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Is the starting storage still 32gb? I didn’t see anything about that in the macroomers live updates. Being at work sucks

Comment

mannyvel

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2019
Hillsboro, OR
I wonder if it'll be at the now-normal $299/329 price points on amazon? If so, it's at least going to be a bit better than the old iPad.

Plus, this means the old iPad will go even lower. 128GB for $250?

Comment

badatusernames

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2018
I think Apple could have at least added the A11. Anyway, this makes me more hopefully for the future if the one for the latest iOS devices is running with the A10 then I’ll be keeping my iPhone X for longer (iOS upgrades should run smoothly for a couple more years)

Reactions: Darajavahus
Comment

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
Thank god at least its cheap. Those stupid rumors about this getting dual cameras (seriously) when it has 8mp camera can be put at rest

Reactions: signale54
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.