Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
Maybe it's just me, but I wish app developers would tell me which particular bugs were fixed in an update, rather than just state "- Bug fixes."

I'd like to know if that particular bug that I noticed or heard about was fixed, or if I'm going to have to continue to deal with it.

I agree, but mostly the interest is academic. For me, the only real reason I could think of for knowing which bugs were fixed would be so that I could decide whether I wanted to upgrade to the next version or wait for a later one. But, that's only when upgrades are expensive in terms of installation, downtime, testing etc. These sort of fixes are relatively painless and I'm happy just to press OK and let things take their course.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Has the iMovie update fixed the issue the last version introduced where refusing location permission to the app meant it wouldn't load anything?

Phazer

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I'm wishing Apple would start to consolidate some of their iOS apps. There's a lot of similar/redundant functionality and in the spirit of keeping people focused on the content, it'd minimize bouncing around from app to app. Perhaps make some of them in-app purchase add-on modules. They'd each pack a bigger punch if:

Calendar = Calendars + Reminders
Notes = Notes + Stickies + Calculator or simple speadsheet column for running totals
iChat = FaceTime, FaceTime VOIP, Mail, Messages, Twitter
iBooks = iBooks + Newsstand + Catalogs
iPhoto = Pictures + iPhoto + Aperture Filters + a semi-intelligent online community gallery to replace instagram + Cards
iMusic = Music + Garageband + Podcasting
iMovie = Videos + Youtube + Netflix + Vimeo + [Picture in Picture option] + iMovie + Motion & Storyboarder
Remote = Remote, + Netflix/Hulu commands + Frontrow interface w/ Gestures... etc...

Prob need a quicker processor & a bit more ram tho.

Unfortunately, some people would then complain that these apps are too bloated.

Though I do agree with some suggestions like iBooks & NewsStand converging into a single app, and iChat/Messages + FaceTime in one app.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Unfortunately, some people would then complain that these apps are too bloated.

Though I do agree with some suggestions like iBooks & NewsStand converging into a single app, and iChat/Messages + FaceTime in one app.

I still wish Apple kept the "Answering Machine" feature in one of their Leopard beta's in 2006. It allowed for a video away message and for friends to leave video messages.

Leopard iChat Answering Machine

answeringichat.jpg

The new iChat answering preference tab allows users to record a Video greeting to serve as an answering message when users are away from their desk. The caller may then leave a message. At this time, there only appears to be partial functionality implemented.

The ability to record video-clips has previously been suggested as a tie in to the iPhone to provide a "call ahead" feature.

Would be a great feature for FaceTime

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Hope this means iLife 12 is close behind

Yup, me too. There are just a couple more things I'm hoping they add into GB, as well as iMovie and iPhoto.

----------

I'm wishing Apple would start to consolidate some of their iOS apps. There's a lot of similar/redundant functionality and in the spirit of keeping people focused on the content, it'd minimize bouncing around from app to app. Perhaps make some of them in-app purchase add-on modules. They'd each pack a bigger punch if:

Calendar = Calendars + Reminders
Notes = Notes + Stickies + Calculator or simple speadsheet column for running totals
iChat = FaceTime, FaceTime VOIP, Mail, Messages, Twitter
iBooks = iBooks + Newsstand + Catalogs
iPhoto = Pictures + iPhoto + Aperture Filters + a semi-intelligent online community gallery to replace instagram + Cards
iMusic = Music + Garageband + Podcasting
iMovie = Videos + Youtube + Netflix + Vimeo + [Picture in Picture option] + iMovie + Motion & Storyboarder
Remote = Remote, + Netflix/Hulu commands + Frontrow interface w/ Gestures... etc...

Prob need a quicker processor & a bit more ram tho.

Apps like iTunes are bloated as is. Adding more completely unrelated apps to them, such as GarageBand to iTunes, would be horrible in terms of UI and performance. It's also senseless, because someone who uses iTunes wouldn't necessarily need GB, unless they're a musician or podcaster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.