Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
Give this person a break. Looking at this person's profile, apparently he (I'm guessing it's a guy) is not a native English speaker, but Japanese.

He should probably consider hanging out at Japanese-language Apple forums instead (where he could contribute more effectively), but there's no policy here against non-native English-speaking participants.

Heck, It might even be a good place to practice the written English language. Post away my friend. I assure you, your English is much better than my Japanese.:)

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Hmm. They have pulled the GarageBand and Cards updates. Or at least they're no longer showing on mine.

canman4PM

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Kelowna BC
Give this person a break. Looking at this person's profile, apparently he (I'm guessing it's a guy) is not a native English speaker, but Japanese.

He should probably consider hanging out at Japanese-language Apple forums instead (where he could contribute more effectively), but there's no policy here against non-native English-speaking participants.

Agreed!

----------

Hmm. They have pulled the GarageBand and Cards updates. Or at least they're no longer showing on mine.

Still showing on mine....

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
None of the updates offer any significant new features -- the updates mostly offer "performance and stability improvements" or fix other bugs. All the updates can be obtained via the App Store app on the iPhone and iPad.

So......this is a front page story because....?:confused:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Not only does Garageband for iOS have some features that Garageband for Mac doesn't have, but it's updated more often.

Can we get an update for Mac iWork and iLife?! It's been 3 years for iWork and a year for iLife. Also, iWeb is gone or something.

----------

Come to think of it, yeah, you're right, they havent for the most part. But i think with the WWDC and Mountain Lion coming in the summer, your wish will come true :) Thats what im hoping for atleast myself.:apple:

Apple updates the OS but not iWork, iLife, or any of the Macs.

----------

I'm wishing Apple would start to consolidate some of their iOS apps. There's a lot of similar/redundant functionality and in the spirit of keeping people focused on the content, it'd minimize bouncing around from app to app. Perhaps make some of them in-app purchase add-on modules. They'd each pack a bigger punch if:

Calendar = Calendars + Reminders
Notes = Notes + Stickies + Calculator or simple speadsheet column for running totals
iChat = FaceTime, FaceTime VOIP, Mail, Messages, Twitter
iBooks = iBooks + Newsstand + Catalogs
iPhoto = Pictures + iPhoto + Aperture Filters + a semi-intelligent online community gallery to replace instagram + Cards
iMusic = Music + Garageband + Podcasting
iMovie = Videos + Youtube + Netflix + Vimeo + [Picture in Picture option] + iMovie + Motion & Storyboarder
Remote = Remote, + Netflix/Hulu commands + Frontrow interface w/ Gestures... etc...

Prob need a quicker processor & a bit more ram tho.

We don't need better specs on the iPhone.

I think that the iPhone should just have iChat instead of Messages/iMessage. Use your AIM or Apple or .Mac or MobileMe or iCloud or Google or Mac Server or..... account like how it is on Mac iChat. Send free SMS if you want :D

Also, Reminders is just plain useless. There is Calendars for that. They don't even need to merge, just remove Reminders.

As for Notes with Calculator, I think you should be able to run apps side-by-side instead of consolidating apps (maybe up to 2 on the iPhone/iPod and up to 4 on the iPad at once). This would really bring more functionality to the iPad especially.

Last edited:

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
Not only does Garageband for iOS have some features that Garageband for Mac doesn't have, but it's updated more often.

Can we get an update for Mac iWork and iLife?! It's been 3 years.

----------

Apple updates the OS but not iWork, iLife, or any of the Macs.

----------

We don't need better specs on the iPhone.

I think that the iPhone should just have iChat instead of Messages/iMessage. Use your AIM or Apple or .Mac or MobileMe or iCloud or Google or Mac Server or..... account like how it is on Mac iChat. Send free SMS if you want :D

Also, Reminders is just plain useless. There is Calendars for that. They don't even need to merge, just remove Reminders.

As for Notes with Calculator, I think you should be able to run apps side-by-side instead of consolidating apps (maybe up to 2 on the iPhone/iPod and up to 4 on the iPad at once). This would really bring more functionality to the iPad especially.

By update in the sense i was thinking, i was thinking along the terms of newer software, not just another update to the software like in iOS :)

- Cheers :)

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Annoyed that Mac apps haven't been given any love in ages.

The Mac is starting to be very boring in comparison with my iPad :-( at least most of the entertainment part has been taken away. I only use it because of Microsoft Office.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else

Can we get an update for Mac iWork and iLife?! It's been 3 years.
That's odd.

Looking at the Software Update preference panel on my Mac, it shows the following last updates:

3/30/12 iPhoto Update
3/28/12 iTunes
3/7/12 GarageBand
7/22/11 iMovie 9.0.4

I have iLife '11. Maybe your update mechanism is busted or you have really old iLife software. You should upgrade. Apple doesn't really update the old versions once the newer ones are out.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
why update the ilife apps, if they don't need it?? (Mac)
I'm sure once we get to WWDC, they will get a little update.
most of the updates that the iOS apps have gotten in recent times, is for little things. nothing major.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I wonder if they fixed the problem with iPhoto that caused severe pixelation when editing photos saved from the web. Can anyone confirm this? This was preventing me from buying it.

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
I wonder if they fixed the problem with iPhoto that caused severe pixelation when editing photos saved from the web. Can anyone confirm this? This was preventing me from buying it.

I had the same problem and i just emailed Apple about it earlier today, i'll let you know what they tell me. Hopefully its good news :)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Sigh. I really, really, really miss the days when Leopard and Snow Leopard beta's and teases covered the front page. Don't misunderstand, not hating on iOS, just, miss those days when Mac OS X had some really cool shizz... :)

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
agreed, OSX is and Mac hardware does not get enough attention anymore, iPhone I understand but iPad no, its an oversized iPod touch.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Still waiting for an iPad version of cards. I actually use it more than I thought and don't find it idea to use on the iPhone or in 2x mode on the iPad.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
agreed, OSX is and Mac hardware does not get enough attention anymore, iPhone I understand but iPad no, its an oversized iPod touch.

Yawn...

How about the other way round, the iPod Touch being a too small and limited version of an iPad?

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Keep spouting that line. There were a lot of people who said the same thing two years ago.

Far fewer now. In about ten years you'll get it, and you'll be able to accept what nearly everyone else did in 2011.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
That's odd.

Looking at the Software Update preference panel on my Mac, it shows the following last updates:

3/30/12 iPhoto Update
3/28/12 iTunes
3/7/12 GarageBand
7/22/11 iMovie 9.0.4

I have iLife '11. Maybe your update mechanism is busted or you have really old iLife software. You should upgrade. Apple doesn't really update the old versions once the newer ones are out.

Oops! There is iLife '11. I was thinking of iWork, which hasn't been updated since '09 (not counting any kind of stability patches or whatever that you get for free).

----------

That's odd.

3/30/12 iPhoto Update
3/28/12 iTunes
3/7/12 GarageBand
7/22/11 iMovie 9.0.4

Well, iLife '11 seems horrible. Sadly, Apple seems to have killed iWeb and iDVD in '11 (but I don't know if they will update iWeb once their cloud is all sorted out).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.