Apple Updates iAd Site With Video Highlight Reel

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 19, 2010.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As noted by Business Insider, Apple has updated its iAd page for advertisers, posting a new highlight reel showing off some of companies and ads that have been featured in the program since its July launch.

The updated page also offers a quick glance at some of the individual brands participating in iAds, including AT&T, Audible.com, Campbell's, Dove, JCPenney, and Nissan, as well as highlighting ngmoco's We Rule as an example from the iAds for Developers program.

Apple is aggressively expanding its iAd program beyond the initial launch markets, beginning to offer worldwide viewing of the ads earlier this month and quickly following that up with announcements that it will be bringing the program to advertisers in Europe beginning next month and Japan as of early next year.

Article Link: Apple Updates iAd Site With Video Highlight Reel

2. -=XX=-Nephilim macrumors 6502a

This is great!

Help us all Jezuz \o/

At least Ads are not Flash so people won't complain much ;)

3. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I still don't understand why at&t needs to advertise on iPhones.

4. Cavepainter macrumors regular

I wonder when a new campaign of advertisements on iAds will stop being something "newsworthy".......:rolleyes:

5. JonKean macrumors member

This is great news.

Personally, I really like the iAds that I've seen. Anytime I see a new one appear in an app, I usually view it. Even if the product has only marginal relevance to me, as the ads are very slick with a high degree of interactivity and engagement.

6. ShiftyPig macrumors 6502a

7. swb1192 macrumors 6502

iPod Touch (and soon to be iPad) audience.

8. jeznav macrumors 6502

Looks cool and interesting. I've yet to see an iAd here in Canada.

9. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't know why you guys are voting negative, iAds is a great way for developers to offer fully functional free apps (and hence, a great way for users to get better, cheaper apps), an alternative business model that can work better than trying to make a living of 99 cent apps. If devs can't make money, guess what, they will stop developing. iAds are relatively unobtrusive, you don't have to click on them, and most developers will offer an upgrade path to a paid version that removes the ads.

10. dvwtwo macrumors newbie

dvwtwo

Yeah, can I get a second for moving all future iAd announcements permanently to Page 2?

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Hmm, so that's what they did instead.

One of the iAds in that video is from my company. I took a bunch of photos that were going to be used in the iAd and then they changed direction and it's different now.

I hadn't seen the new version until now.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :p

12. JerzeyLegend macrumors member

I don't mind, the ads are unobtrusive. Perhaps not for your minuscule iPhone screens but doesn't bother me on my iPad.

AdMob is the one that shows up in most free apps, and advertisements for developers is a great way for apps that are undiscovered to become Top 50 apps.

Put yourselves in the shoes of the corporations. What better audience than mobile devices? Just think outside the box once in a while.

13. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

No offense but I find that pretty strage.

14. Mattsasa macrumors 68020

Mattsasa

Normally I like everything apple makes no matter how much it sucks but this...

but i just thought was the stupidest thing ever. why would apple be advertising advertising?!

aren't adds everything that we are trying to avoid at all costs?

.... I know, I know I am an idiot.

15. locker314 macrumors newbie

Why iAds

I don't get iAds. When apple said many companies invested into it, it turned out that most also withdrew. Plus I barley see iads at all in my apps so apple WHY?

Martin

www.locker314.com
    :eek:

16. echoout macrumors 6502a

Wow, this is truly a day I'll never forget. The iAds are magical.

WTF? I work in the ad industry and can't imagine anyone thinking this is newsworthy.

17. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

mr.steevo

Which photos are yours?

**edit** Sorry, misunderstood.

18. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

iPad and iPod touch users?

19. tk421 macrumors 6502a

At all costs? But you CAN avoid ads, and here's the cost: only download paid apps! Pretty simple.

20. Skika macrumors 68030

21. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

Arizona where freedom still means something
    Honestly, I’ve done my best at ignoring this whole iAd campaign, as I can’t recall looking forward to watching advertisement clips. Ok, maybe the new Korean Airline commercial, but that’s an exception. :D

22. spazzcat macrumors 68030

spazzcat

Its an ad of ads or ad for ads...

23. acslater017 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand this negative knee-jerk reaction to iAds. I don't like ads either. But I understand that it allows developers to make apps that are profitable or at least aren't a drain on their wallets!

TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, and movies all have ads. Even the performing arts put in little ads in their programs. Only on the internet have we been spoiled into getting everything for free.

If a dev puts hours into writing/supporting a quality app, he/she has the right to charge or support it with ads. If iAds helps them stay afloat, then that's fine with me. Most apps give the choice between paid ad-free versions or free ad-supported versions anyway.

24. shartypants macrumors 6502a

shartypants

The iAds are too bad, at least they are interactive and easy to dismiss.

25. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

...and Apple Consumer Electronics does not use the medium to do its own advertising. I wonder why? Perhaps they know that its not effective vs. the cost.