Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Yep, should mean 10.5.2 sooner rather than later :)

Although I have had no iWork problems thus far...

Comment

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Comment

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
"This update addresses compatibility with Mac OS X."

as apposed to compatibility with what? :confused:

Installed and all works...

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Picture 6.png

This is crap, it can't detect the applications unless they are in the "iWork '08" folder. Without this folder the updates fail.

Also if you have a corrupt application (Pages) the update fails, I suspect this update is todo with issues such as corruption with Pages but if it has already done its damage the update cant sort it out. :rolleyes:

Software update doesn't even recognise the applications unless they are in that folder.

Comment

ozthegweat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Switzerland
Well, it just finished installing, and I really don't notice anything different. And the description in Software Update wasn't really extensive.

Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Well, I suspect we were all hoping for 10.5.2 so we can (hopefully) get out of the buggy mess that is Leopard.

But this is a welcome update. iWork 08 is great overall, and shows promise for a iWork future of nothing less excellence.

What I wonder is: do updates put new features in to support the new multi-touch pads?

I certainly hope so.

Comment

Perdix

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2004
Scotland

I was just about to say that. I thought it NEEDED OS X.

However, I have found it is slow with my big (3700 x 20) spreadsheet; much slower than E*cel.

Comment

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Edit: Downloaded and installed. Is it just me or do the programs seem to launch faster?

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis

Installed and all works...
Sounds like we might find out. Anyone want to dig through the files that are installed? :eek:

Well, I suspect we were all hoping for 10.5.2 so we can (hopefully) get out of the buggy mess that is Leopard.

But this is a welcome update. iWork 08 is great overall, and shows promise for a iWork future of nothing less excellence.

What I wonder is: do updates put new features in to support the new multi-touch pads?

I certainly hope so.
Now here's some good speculation! We'll need iLife updates too.

Comment

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Besides 10.5.2, I predict a wave of updates for iLife and other apps as well.... Then seem to come in waves! :cool:

Comment

ozthegweat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Switzerland
Well, they say it "adresses" compatibility, not "enables". So it may have to do with Leopard, or, more specifically, with 10.5.2. If it is the latter, it makes sense they release these updates before 10.5.2.

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Isn't this typical of any application, that if you move it from its original install location, updates won't work? Or is that not what happened here?

Maybe but you would think that it would look in the Applications folder for them, which by the way is what the error message suggests. The error should say /Application/iWork '08 then it would be obvious what was wrong.

Still doesn't negate the fact that if Pages corrupts itself the update doesn't resolve it, have to reinstall pages and then apply the update in the hope that pages doesn't corrupt itself in the process.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.