Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

114913-me.com_iphone.jpg

Apple today posted an updated support document detailing recent enhancements to its me.com landing page for iPhone and iPod touch users. The new landing page offers instructions for setting up MobileMe services via the device's Settings application, as well as direct links for Find My iPhone and Apple's MobileMe Gallery and MobileMe iDisk applications.
Accessing me.com with your iPhone/iPod touch allows you access to the following items:

- A link to setup instructions for setting up Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Find my iPhone on your iPhone/iPod touch.
- A link to use Find My iPhone from a friend's iPhone/iPod touch if you need to locate your lost iPhone/iPod on a map, display a message, play a sound, or remotely lock or wipe it.
- A link to download the iDisk app on the App Store.
- A link to download the Gallery app on the App Store.
Apple's me.com landing page for the iPhone and iPod touch previously offered only instructions for setting up MobileMe services on the user's device.

Article Link: Apple Updates Me.com Landing Page for iPhone Users

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
looks nice.

I bet alot of users don't know those applications exist for the iPhone...but then again, how many times will they go to me.com on their phones, since you can do mail/cal/etc via the built in apps.

davidwarren

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I'm glad that you can now use find my phone on the iphone, makes it useful for when you are out looking for it...

Becordial

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
the fact that you can search for your phone with another iphone is cool, as jokes aside. I can see myself using this sometime with the guys on a big night out.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Still slightly annoying that you can't access mobileme via the mobile safari browser. On my Uni campus they block access to my .me mail on my laptop. That means on the uni network they will block it on the iPhone, but while I can use the web interface on the laptop via safari, this isn't true for the iPhone. It just tells you to use mobileme with the mail app!

vjl323

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2005
Western North Carolina
It would be great if Apple could finally give iPhone users the ability to create folders on their .mac accounts. You can't do that with the Mail.app and when you login to mac.com/me.com, you are not given a mobile version of their Mail feature, so it is impossible to create folders. Seems so basic, but, nope, still no way to create folders. *sigh*

/vjl/

the-oz-man

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Still slightly annoying that you can't access mobileme via the mobile safari browser. On my Uni campus they block access to my .me mail on my laptop. That means on the uni network they will block it on the iPhone, but while I can use the web interface on the laptop via safari, this isn't true for the iPhone. It just tells you to use mobileme with the mail app!

Why would your uni block .me? Talk about control. This makes Steve look like a wide open door.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
This is good news. A good step in the right direction.

Now they just need to format the other pages for Mobile Safari, and add webmail, contacts, and calendars for guest access on someone else's iPhone (sure, if you're on your own, you can just use the built-in apps, but that's not a good solution for someone borrowing someone else's iPhone). Still, good to have what they offer now.

jW

///M5

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2009
Mississauga, ON

They haven't applied the changes to all IP addresses (sources) yet. Yours should change soon.

manhattanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
In ur GF's bed, Oh no he didn't!
This is good news. A good step in the right direction.

Now they just need to format the other pages for Mobile Safari, and add webmail, contacts, and calendars for guest access on someone else's iPhone (sure, if you're on your own, you can just use the built-in apps, but that's not a good solution for someone borrowing someone else's iPhone). Still, good to have what they offer now.

jW

It's good news, but what they really need to do is either lower the price or add a hell of a lot more storage for the price they are charging.

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2007