Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I feel like the larger bold text has to be a precursor for the full screen iPhone. It takes up a lot more space than the typical heading. I can understand the huge fonts only if the screen gets bigger.

DavidTheExpert

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
I'll make a prediction: Disappointing new iPads, disappointing nominal updates to Mac OS and iOS, slight spec bump on Macbook Pros that any other year would have been done quietly by taking the apple store offline overnight and waking up to a short MR article about spec bumps, not even a single mention of the name "iMac", not even a single mention of the name "Mac Pro", no mention of "Mac Mini", and a whole lot of rambling presentations by independent app developers.

Reactions: Millah

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
So what comes to iPad first: podcasting or Xcode?
Both :). That would be nice. The pieces are in place for a full XCode solution on iPad, with the Work they did in Swift Playgrounds. It's just a matter of fleshing it out fully. While comprehensive podcasting solutions seems like a long overdue capability missing on iPad, that has begun to get a lot of attention inside Apple. The fact that they're having a podcasting room for all the big podcasters attending shows just how much Apple has flipped on podcasting. That's on top of the presumed Apple exec appearance on Grubers podcast again this year.
[doublepost=1496209579][/doublepost]
Emojis my ass!-Phil
Can't innovate anymore my ass, and mocking emojis, are pretty tired memes on this forum. They were almost funny maybe the first few times. Now it just sounds like an echo chamber. Trolls need to "innovate my ass" a little more with their mockery attempts.

Apple makes computers not just as tools for creation, but also tools for fun. For "mere mortals." For cultural impact. Who woulda guessed? It's almost like Apple hasn't been doing that very thing for decades now....replace emojis/stickers with iLife, or iChat backgrounds, or MacPaint. Yea, Apple sure has lost track since Steve passed. It was totally a replicant on-stage demoing iChat backgrounds, laughing his ass off at Phil being a goof in iChat.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
The session names are really funny indeed. The nose and koala ones are at the top of my list.
They're really promising, I hope it will be something similar to WWDC 14 when many session names were secret because of Swift and Metal, for developers it was the best WWDC in years.
[doublepost=1496214331][/doublepost]
I'm far more interested in iOS 11 than I am the iPhone 8.

I truly hope iOS 11 is a generational leap for the platform, as iOS 10 changes shamelessly revolved around one app.

Not holding my breath. Surprise us, Apple!

Same for me.
I'm not sure I'll buy iPhone 8 but iOS 11 will be on all my devices and the OS can make a big difference in user experience, way more than a new phone

Reactions: v0lume4

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I'll make a prediction: Disappointing new iPads, disappointing nominal updates to Mac OS and iOS, slight spec bump on Macbook Pros that any other year would have been done quietly by taking the apple store offline overnight and waking up to a short MR article about spec bumps, not even a single mention of the name "iMac", not even a single mention of the name "Mac Pro", no mention of "Mac Mini", and a whole lot of rambling presentations by independent app developers.
Heads up man. They're so great.
Apple is doing soo well in Ouagadogoo and Chilly Islands, that it dwarfs the downfall in China.
So Tim won't even mention it.
And with 1 millimeter leaner iPads yearly, there will be Developer challenges for decades
(wallpaper scaling tools, virtual bikes to travel between 12" iPad icons etc.)

Last edited:

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
When do they normally announce the next iOS and all the features? Is it on the first or last day?

First day during the keynote. The other sessions are just for developers as they dig into details of what they announced during the first day.

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
When do they normally announce the next iOS and all the features? Is it on the first or last day?
It used to be the main Keynote announcement/demo, where they score their wauw-moments for the crowd. Showing off just another settings panel will not make the day, so they'll have to find something more. With diminishing absolute advancements, I expect relative advancements towards Android to become a theme.

ILikeAllOS

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Tampa Bay
This design language just needs to not happen with iOS 11 please.

Bold big titles floading onto a whole lot of nothingness. I aint blind
Jesus, enough with the bold text. It takes up too much space.

2013: "Oh god, the new font in iOS 7 is too thin! Bring back the thick text!"
2017: "No! please! Don't add thick text to iOS 11!"
Yeah, that sums up MacRumors. :rolleyes:

I find the Koala pun to be endearing.
You mean endeering? ;)

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I'm eagerly anticipating the announcement of a new iPad Mini Pro and iPad Mini5.
Hoping for their answer to Echo/Gome personally. Would love to replace my alarm clock with something to control all this HomeKit stuff.

Anyone think we might get macOS 11 instead of 10.13?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.