Apple Updating Some iPhone X Orders With Improved Delivery Dates

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 27, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Some customers who pre-ordered the iPhone X when pre-orders went live and initially received shipping estimates of one to two weeks are seeing their orders upgraded to delivery on November 3.

MacRumors reader Colin ordered a 256GB iPhone X from T-Mobile and was originally provided with a delivery estimate of November 10 to November 17, which has now been updated to November 3.

[​IMG]
    Colin's updated iPhone X delivery estimate​

My own iPhone X order, placed right at 12:01 a.m., originally listed a delivery estimate of November 10 to November 17. It was just recently updated to a confirmed November 3 delivery date on Apple's site. Other customers who ordered early and saw the same delays may also get their shipments sooner than expected.

[​IMG]
    Colin's original iPhone X delivery estimate after pre-ordering​

This is also good news for customers who have much longer wait times, as it suggests Apple is working rapidly to get orders out. Customers with two to three or four to five week delivery estimates may not have to wait quite that long if Apple can ramp up supply fast enough.

Right now, all iPhone X pre-orders are sold out and have been since about 15 minutes after pre-orders first went live. If you buy an iPhone X today, the delivery estimates are at 5 to 6 weeks.

Apple has confirmed it will have iPhone X stock in stores on launch day, so for customers who don't want to wait for weeks to get one of the new devices, lining up is an option. Supplies are limited, though, so it will be best to go as early as possible, likely even the night before.

Article Link: Apple Updating Some iPhone X Orders With Improved Delivery Dates

2. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

filmantopia

Availability has been better than generally feared. Many were suggesting orders placed after 10 minutes might arrive in 2018.

3. Goldfrapp, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

That's me! Had my Nov 10-17 window upgraded to Nov 3rd delivered!

5. serialiphoneuser macrumors regular

They must have a ton of unsold inventory.. don't know how to move it, without making the launch look like a flop.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Good news for those that didn’t initially get a launch date

7. Ds6778 macrumors 6502a

Ds6778

8. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Looks like this is happening for quite a few people. There's no email or anything -- you'll need to check the order itself on Apple's website to see if it's been updated. Looks like a lot of orders that were Nov 10. to Nov. 17 are now launch day delivery.

9. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Happens all the time. Someone else in the checkout process didn't complete it, opening up some additional stock. We see it every single pre-orde.

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Talk to me when the initial delivery date of 11/3 gets pushed to 11/1. :)

11. StarDal macrumors member

Same here. Delivery date of Nov 10-17 and updated to Nov 3!

12. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

YESSSSSS! I’m one of them!!! Mine improved from Nov 10-17!!! :D:):D What a pleasant surprise.

13. dealjunkie macrumors newbie

Same. It looks like they're changing a ton of Nov 10-17 orders to Nov 3.

14. donth8 macrumors newbie

Me too this is so great, glad some T-mobile phones are delivering on the 3rd now!!!

15. hetrigger macrumors regular

hetrigger

Gonna check now...I had a shipping timeframe of 2-10 November...should be interesting...

16. Masterman macrumors member

Would be interesting to see if anyone with slightly further dates gets moved! Here’s hoping. Currently on 13th-20th, anyone on this has improvements?

17. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

18. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Ugh I hope my 17-24 delivery date is updated. I'm going to be out of the country during that time and Fedex will probably return the phone to Apple

19. iMel, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017

iMel macrumors member

Same here. 256 Space Gray, T-Mobile. iPhone Upgrade Program.

*crosses fingers for any improvement*

20. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

21. hetrigger macrumors regular

hetrigger

According to ATT...it is still being processed

22. BruinPharmD macrumors member

Wow! I ordered a T-Mobile 256GB Silver model at 12:02 AM PDT from Apple and was disappointed to see a Nov 10-17 delivery but relieved it wasn't worse. Just checked online Apple Store order (I didn't get an updated e-mail from the original one I got) and now it shows November 3 delivery. Awesome! My day is looking up and happy to have it on launch day!

23. asopublic macrumors member

asopublic

S

Sign up for a FedEx or UPS account, and then change the delivery options. I left out details, because details are a pain.

24. JGIGS macrumors 6502a

JGIGS

Right? A week has never felt longer than it does right now.

25. Aparicio Giddins macrumors newbie