Apple Upgrade Program Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trey M, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I'm wondering some details on the Apple Upgrade program. My main question is this: I am still in a 2 year contract with Verizon. Does anyone know if I'm still eligible to sign up for the Apple upgrade program if I'm still in an agreement with Verizon? Obviously I plan on staying in my agreement with them, I just want to sell my iPhone 6+ and pay monthly, through Apple, for my 6S+. I read some conflicting info that said this wouldn't be possible yesterday since I'm still in a contract with Verizon but I'm unsure how accurate this is

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I haven't read anything, but my guess is that if you are still on contract with Verizon, you would probably have to settle that before moving to the new program.

The reason is that Verizon subsidized your iPhone at the beginning of your contract, and so you may still "owe" them for that.

arn

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Pretty sure you can do it. You will be paying for your old phone with your monthly service (hidden fee), and you will be paying Apple for your new phone.

This would be similar to what would happen if you BROKE your original phone. You would have to go buy a new one. You would have to PAY for the new one, and continue on whatever contract you had with VZ.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

No problem. Just like buying an extra phone. It will have no effect on your Verizon deal. Just swap sims to use it.