Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Ugh, you sure its 30 days now? I called Apple Online Store support and they said they wont let me send back my iMac I bought only 3 weeks ago, really wanting a new MBP instead :( Kinda unfair becauaw everyone else is getting better treatment about returns.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Oh boy oh boy i cant wait to get my downgraded graphic performance and lower battery life! I even get slightly better performance when i open 20 applications at the same time!

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Ugh, you sure its 30 days now? I called Apple Online Store support and they said they wont let me send back my iMac I bought only 3 weeks ago, really wanting a new MBP instead :( Kinda unfair becauaw everyone else is getting better treatment about returns.

They only do like for like swaps, if there was an imac refresh you could get a new imac. But you cant swap a laptop for a desktop or vice versa.

RynoZebz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I just called hoping to get my 17 inch exchanged for a new one that I bought on December 28th from the Online Store. I called a local store first and said I'd have to talk to the online store because of where I ordered it.

So I called the online retailer and after a few minutes of talking to management they said they couldn't do it because of the time that had passed. Bummer. I still love my computer but it would have been nice to have a little future proofing in there. :: sigh :: Oh well.

CompanionCube

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
Oh boy oh boy i cant wait to get my downgraded graphic performance and lower battery life! I even get slightly better performance when i open 20 applications at the same time!

LOL obvious troll is obvious.

Little jealousy I sense. Fact is, the new Sandy Bridge chipsets DESTROY the previous gen, not to mention thunderbolt, better antennas, REALISTIC battery life (the 7 hours is USING IT), SDXC slot, faster memory architecture and lower operating temps. I'll take a *minor* hit in graphics performance over all of that ANY day.

It's ok though, keep convincing yourself that your 13 is still good.

doofoo

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006

Return period is only 14 days (as stated by the Apple Rep on the phone). When I called to swap mine they said since there was a refresh they would make a 1 time exception since I was at 32 days or something like that.

About 30 minutes later I received my return confirmation and tracking information as well as an email on where to ship the laptop. They also refunded me my expedite shipping fee's.

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX

6/10. Next time, try to attack a more subtle comparative element, and be more vehement in your approach. Too much sarcasm gives you away every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.