Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Vision Pro is available today with a whole new App Store, and developers large and small have created apps optimized for the spatial computing device. Optimized apps are those that take advantage of the immersive capabilities offered by the Vision Pro, but users will also find that many iPad apps can operate on the headset.

Vision-Pro-Apps-Feature.jpg

We've rounded up some of the 600+ apps that are offering native visionOS support for visionOS for those who have a new Vision Pro and are looking for new content to download.

Weather

There are quite a few popular weather apps that are making the transition to the Vision Pro App Store, and these are good picks if you're looking to outfit your virtual workspace with a window that provides insight into the outside conditions.

CARROT Weather

CARROT Weather has a visionOS-optimized interface with a translucent window that can be put anywhere into the space around you. It has all of the features that you might expect from CARROT Weather on other platforms, including favorites, sunset/sunrise times, a 10-day forecast, air quality, current weather conditions, hourly forecast, and more. There's also a 3D globe that you can interact with to explore weather patterns in a new way.

CARROT-Weather-Vision-Pro-4.jpeg

CARROT-Weather-Vision-Pro-2.jpeg

Rose Weather

Priced at $4.99, Rose is a weather app designed specifically for Vision Pro. It offers a realistic, 3D view of the weather conditions, with options to view the full app or just a widget. Weather alerts let users know about inclement weather, and there's a full hourly forecast.
  • Shorts or Pants - Shorts or Pants is a weather app that has customizable themes and cards for temperature, air quality, humidity, precipitation, UV index and more.
  • Mercury Weather - Mercury Weather offers a selection of interactive mini weather windows that can be placed anywhere in the environment.
  • Seasons - Seasons is an immersive weather app that was designed for the Vision Pro. It uses spatial audio technology and it has 34 immersive weather atmospheres that users can experience. The app also offers minute, hour, and day-level forecasts along with other weather information.
Productivity

Microsoft is offering several Vision Pro-optimized apps, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams, plus there are all kinds of to-do apps, calendars, and other options for your Vision Pro setup.

Microsoft's Apps

Microsoft has designed Vision Pro versions of Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Loop. All of the apps have a visionOS-optimized interface with translucency to allow work content to blend in with the background, and the windows for the apps can be placed anywhere in virtual space.

Vision Pro lets users practice their PowerPoint presentations as if presenting to an audience, while Excel has tools for graphing complex formulas, charts, and tables and for visualizing data. Word has a focus mode for blocking out distractions, and Teams uses the Vision Pro Persona feature.

Fantastical

Popular calendar app Fantastical has been redesigned for the Vision Pro, featuring a visionOS-optimized interface that can be placed anywhere in the virtual space around you. It has all of the Fantastical bells and whistles that users are familiar with, plus multiple window support and other visionOS features. Fantastical is free to use, with a subscription available to unlock more options. Existing subscribers will have access to all of the premium features in the visionOS app.

Things 3

Popular task management app Things 3 has a new interface designed for Vision Pro, which can be used across different environments. Multiple Things windows can be opened up and placed around you to create a customized workspace, and the interface can be navigated using eye and hand gestures. The app syncs with the Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch versions of Things, and it works with a wireless keyboard. The app is available for a one-time purchase of $30.

things-3-vision-pro.jpeg

Box

Cloud storage service Box has created an Apple Vision Pro app that supports viewing and manipulating 3D objects, collaboration, design optimization, videos and animations, and more. Box says that retailers can use Vision Pro to decide on window design proposals, manufacturers can view 3D renderings, and educational institutions can engage in virtual learning experiences with 3D models of complex concepts.

Flowriter allows you to generate any location using AI, creating an immersive background that can be used as a backdrop for writing. The app provides custom cutouts so important items like a desk and keyboard remain visible, while everything e... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro Apps to Check Out

Last edited:

klasma

macrumors 604
Jun 8, 2017

trip1ex

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2008
I think they could combine this, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Watch, ...into one product.

Basically an iPhone with a strap for attaching it to your face. Light seals would be $200 still. But the 2nd strap in the box would be for the wrist.

More advanced: iPhone's battery is a magnetic backplate which detaches when in Face mode.

Last edited:

Skoua

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
Paris
Yeah, doomed. Just like the iPhone v1. That thing had 1/10th the apps/functionality at launch and obviously went nowhere, changed nothing. 🙄
Not saying it's not gonna work, it will, it's Apple.
Just saying most of these apps are just windows in space, the Wii looked more immersive when it launched than this. I know it will change.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Some apps seem meh
Some look very promising, eg night sky, Lowe’s, wayfair (if it lets you place furniture within the room that you are in).

It’s a pretty good beginning

Reactions: AlexMac89

iamgalt

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
It'll probably take another year or so before we start to see apps that really take advantage of the AR/VR functionality. Right now, it's pretty much iPad apps floating on a 2D plane.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
If I were on the market for Vision Pro, I would be so devastated without YouTube app. It is the main app that I have used most of the time for consumption. Using it in Safari or web browser is not the same as using it with app, at least for me. However, for others, that would be no problem so for those who get one, keep calm and be happy with any apps Vision Pro can offer. 😊 life is too short to be unhappy on anything 😊

Reactions: AeroEd

spazzcat

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2007
Not coming to the party? Disabled iPad App for Vision Pro. Spiteful or what?
  • Netflix
  • Spotify
  • YouTube
  • Facebook
  • WhatsApp
Your device is already so much more secure.

It'll probably take another year or so before we start to see apps that really take advantage of the AR/VR functionality. Right now, it's pretty much iPad apps floating on a 2D plane.
Most devs have only had the device for a few hours. Give them at least a day or two.

Sandoranges

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
"A Spatial Tale" is the most original I've tested so far, spatial storytelling with language learning. Too much 2D focus in the majority of apps, looking forward to more developers actually taking advantage of the three dimensions.

RubberShoes

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Where is the MLB app on here? 3D stats paired with the theater experience of the World Series is pretty cool!

Reactions: Pmperry

JHBrown

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Southern California
Still trying to figure out why I‘d want to do some of these things with this large device stuck my face, when I could just use my phone/iPad/laptop/desktop/83inch OLED. Once I figure this out, and see some real life benefits, I’d buy one.

Reactions: decypher44

hardwickj

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2009
Not saying it's not gonna work, it will, it's Apple.
Just saying most of these apps are just windows in space, the Wii looked more immersive when it launched than this. I know it will change.
It's not gonna work. This thing is going to be Tim Cook's Apple Newton. Needs at least another 10-15 years of technological progress before this becomes even remotely mass-marketable. Not unlike the Apple Newton.

Yeah, doomed. Just like the iPhone v1. That thing had 1/10th the apps/functionality at launch and obviously went nowhere, changed nothing. 🙄
You're going to compare this to a cell phone? Something the average person already has a substantial need for? The iPhone could get away with not having extensive functionality on launch because it still satisfied users fundamental need of being a phone, first and foremost. What fundamental use-case does the Vision Pro satisfy? Also bear in mind, the original iPhone also had a $499 price tag, not $3499.

truth_speech

Suspended
Jan 27, 2024

No YouTube, no Netflix, no Spotify, etc. and no guarantee that we will ever get other good apps.
What is Apple thinking selling the Vision Pro for over $3000? Why should anyone pay that much for it?
I am pretty sure it's Apple watch 1 all over again. This device is to get public feedback and input. The second or third generation will be much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.