Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abobrek

Suspended
Aug 15, 2012
If it is true that Apple Vision Pro 2 does not come before 2027, it makes sense to give the first version enough specs for years.
OR Apple did it purposely and knows there isn’t much that they can improve on since the displays are already maxed out. I predict the next AVP will be thinner, lighter, and have a newer chipset. That is all that really can be improved, and frankly, that is what Apple will most likely do for most future generations of AVP until screen technology gets better than MicroLED with pixels the size of red blood cells.

gvanvoor

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2013
Coming up: Apple Vision Air. Collaborating with Jony Ive to make it lighter and thinner. Drawback is it's going to have a bump everywhere there's a camera...
In case some people miss it: that's a joke.

Abobrek

Suspended
Aug 15, 2012
The fact that there are only maybe 5 whole people here that make that claim means you're in a freakishly small minority.

If I had spent $4,000 on it. I'd fight through the fatigue and tell the world I was comfortable even if I wasn't, too.
Exactly. This poster completely ignores the experience that the author of the article has. Saying that a Quest 3 is just as comfortable as an AVP is just ridiculous.

vantelimus

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
Those “people” are you. He on the other hand is making a comparison of AVP to all of the other headsets he has worn. You also are suggesting that he only “tested” AVP, yet there isn’t anywhere in the article that states how many HOURS he “tested” it. Also, I do not understand why you are so caught up on how he is wrong. Read the ENTIRE article. He makes valid points and is praising the AVP. It’s great that the AVP is comfortable for you and you are happy with using it for hours, but don’t compare yourself to most people and their comfort.
The person to whom you responded pointed out four things on which he thought the guy was in error. Comment threads like these are made for that kind of discussion.

vantelimus

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
The fact you wear it with no discomfort doesn’t prove much, other than perhaps the fact you have a very strong neck or high tolerance to pain and discomfort. Pretty much every review I have seen points out the opposite and how heavy the unit is and how painful it is to wear it for more than a few minutes. A single data point saying otherwise it is just an outsider, not an evidence of anything.
You need to read some new reviews. The people who talk about how heavy it is do so comparing it to the quest 3. The difference in weight between the AVP and the quest 3 Is small. The quest pro is even heavier than the AVP

My ability to wear it without discomfort proves that absolute statements about discomfort are wrong. At least it does so to me.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Hugo Barra does not know what is coming for the Apple Vision Pro at WWDC 2024 in June!

Apple plans these things out! People do not realize that!

He sounds jealous to me!

• Haha
Reactions: gusmula

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
A bit of a clickbait title as the article is pretty balanced, but of course someone with a completely different market position would have some negative things to say.

Many of us already saw this as well. Its an initial product with few compromises at a price point that limits who can buy it. Its a bit similar to the original iPhone, which was priced at 3 times the cost of other phones, with less features initially, and then a year later got those missing features and lower the price.

I also suspect some of the "overengineering" is adding sensors they plan to use so that they don't screw over early adopters when the OS gains features.

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018
nearly every impression I've read about the Vision Pro has been so far, wrong IMO after owning the device
- solo knit band is more comfortable than the dual band
- passthrough is blurry while some reviewers say it's amazing.
- it's not any less comfortable than my Quest 3
- have no problems wearing it for 2 hours straight
Agree with all of this. Especially the comfort comparison to the Quest.

The passthrough is still low-res and Apple has the displays slightly out of focus to smooth out the image. However I think these were valid tradeoffs for increased dynamics and scene warping.

The one thing nobody is talking about imo is that the Quest has much better object position persistence. I'm hoping Apple can fix that in software.

Hildy

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
I read this as acknowledging Apple made generation 1 of the @VP to lay groundwork for future generations where the hardware will be higher resolution, lighter, faster and more efficient. It is somewhat of a Gretzky line, “I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.” Moore’s Law and the technology will catch up and the development will be ready for a much wider spread adoption once the use cases are developed.

I’ll buy one once I find an architect to draw my next house and have the ability to interact with it on an @VP. Cost wise it should easily pay for itself in virtual design.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
Hugo Barra does not know what is coming for the Apple Vision Pro at WWDC 2024 in June!

Apple plans these things out! People do not realize that!

He sounds jealous to me!
What is coming at WWDC 2024 in June that Barra sounds so jealous about?

Reactions: gusmula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.