All iPads Apple Warranty

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alexxmac, Oct 8, 2013.

1. alexxmac macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone seen an official announcement or acknowledgement of the warranty change in Australia. Apple devices our now covered under a 2 year warranty. I work for schools and I have had many iPads/MacBooks replaced under warranty after 1 year without Apple Care.

I am looking for something official that I can off to provide other people with some facts regarding the warranty and if they should purchase Apple Care or not.

Cheers.

2. gnasher729, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Apple devices are covered by one year manufacturer's warranty, and by Australian consumer law. There is no two year's warranty. There are statutory rights that consumers have against the seller (which may or may not be Apple) for a "reasonable amount of time". I wonder whether devices bought by a school fall under "consumer protection laws".

Check this:

http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/content/the_acl/downloads/consumer_guarantees_guide.pdf

Important points: Only a person buying certain goods is a "consumer". And there is no mention of time, except it should be "reasonable" and that depends on the product.