Apple Watch 2 or 3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BeccaJanis629, Nov 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BeccaJanis629 macrumors newbie

BeccaJanis629

I gave my A0 to my sister because I really wanted better battery life. I bought a refurbished A2 from Apple and it works great but I am on the fence about returning for the A3. I really want SS as I wear the watch every day and am hard on it but I am not sure about the red dot. For those that upgrade from AW2 to AW3 was it worth it? And how is that red dot?

2. Hubcapjw macrumors member

Hubcapjw

2 days with Apple Watch series 3 Lte and it’s absolutely awesome. I like the red dot and to be honest I dont ever really see it. Go for the 3 you won’t be disappointed.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The red dot on the digital crown is a non issue. You won't even notice it half the time it's on your wrist as it is. As for Series 3, ask yourself if you would appreciate the LTE functionality. Otherwise Series 2 and Series 3 are vastly similar, with the faster dual core processor being noteable on the Series 3. But with the holidays coming, there should be plenty a liquidated sales on the Series 2 if you decide to wait.

4. BeccaJanis629 thread starter macrumors newbie

BeccaJanis629

I don’t really need the LTD function so I am wondering if the $200 extra is worth it. I do like to have the latest technology and am worried that buying the series 2 will be almost obsolete when the next watch comes out.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The reality is all tech is considered outdated by the time you purchase it, because the next device is already in development or having a pending release date. Series 2 is technically has already been discontinued from Apple, but you have to ask yourself what you find "Worth" in the Series 3 Watch. Also, if you do purchase the LTE Apple Watch model, you don't have to activate the LTE functional if you don't want to.

6. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I went ahead and got the SSSB Series 3 with no intention of using LTE.

I'm fine with my choice.