Apple Watch 4.2.2 - Very bad battery performance

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by simistef, Feb 20, 2018.

1. simistef macrumors newbie

simistef

Hi there,

Since the 4.2.2 WatchOS firmware, the series 3 battery performance dropped with at least 30%. Before the update with all types of notification and active applications (Uber, Shazam, WaterMinder, Messenger, AutoSleep, etc) and Thather Mode disabled, i was getting after 48h a 15-25 % battery.

Now, after the update 4.2.2 after i only get 35 hours of battery, and then the watch closes.

Anyone experiencing this as well ? I tried to Pair/Unpair, reinstalled the Watch from scratch without any apps besides the basics, but nothing changed.

I really hate this. I experienced I7 Plus battery quick depleteing after iOS 11 upgrade, now happens with the Watch. And this only 3 months after i bought it.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Similar thread already in discussion:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-taking-a-hit-on-4-2-2.2102628/

3. mmonse_de macrumors newbie

mmonse_de

I also recognized some battery issues on my watch (1.Gen sport) I usually load the battery over night. So, at about 8.00 in the morning i have 100%. On a normal day with the usual notifications, my battery is about 45% at 5.00p.m. Then - doing nothing special with the watch - the power decreases with high speed, leaving only 10% or less at 7:30 p.m.
    OK, the watch is old, but that never happened before...

4. simistef thread starter macrumors newbie

simistef

Yes, itseems to be a generic problem across all models. mine is 3 months old and never had this.

I remeber that aftert the update i was getting a lot of notifications that my battery is under 10% when i was actually sat 27%. Even restarting 4-5 times did not solve it, so i let the battery to drain completely.

Since then, i cannot make it more than 30h of battery life.