Apple Watch 4 - Missing complications in either Infograph or Modular watch face?? [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iAdamator, Sep 19, 2018.

1. iAdamator macrumors 6502

Hey all,
    I realize before I even post this that no one will likely be able to help me with this, at least not yet. But I still wanted to mention it.

I was looking through the online manual for the Apple Watch which is already updated for series 4. In particular I was looking at all the available Watch Faces and it lists all the complications each watch face can use. What I found interesting, or maybe I should say distressing, is that for both the new infograph and modular infograph watch faces, it does not list Podcast as a complication you can add! This is the app I use the most on my watch by far and I was shocked to see the new watch faces apparently can't display a complication for it!

I wonder why they would leave it off?

I'm hoping this is just an error but it very well may not be. I was really looking forward to the infograph watch face because I thought I could have all the complications I use on a single face. Sadly that may not be the case now.

If this turns out to be true, it's lessened my excitement for the Series 4.

2. Teledatageek macrumors newbie

Teledatageek

I think they don't have Messages or email with Infograph face. Very disappointing!

3. iAdamator, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018

iAdamator thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that’s what has been confirmed from other people as well. No podcast complications or mail or messages among others on the new infograph watch face. Completely baffling.

My only theory is they didn’t include them because they aren’t very “informational”. The podcast one is just a shortcut to the app essentially. It doesn’t present any information. Not that they couldn’t update it to do so. Maybe show a progress circle like the music complication does.

4. MartyTannen1981 macrumors newbie

I totally agree! One of the biggest fails I can imagine. I have so much space and most of the Apps doesn't work in the new faces. That makes no sense because I can choose them in the other faces. There are missing so many complications. Like the home App (WTF!?!?) and so many others. And when I choose two countdown clocks it also makes no sense because when one is running, the other starts too...
    I cannot control my lights, nothing...

So disappointing!!!

5. iAdamator thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you mean by 2 countdown clocks? Two timers? I don’t think you could ever do two at once.

6. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

They'll be coming in a future update. I can't see them dropping support like for Home. They'll get it in there.

7. MartyTannen1981 macrumors newbie

@iAdamator: Yes, thats what I meant. Of course that is also the same in the other faces. But know I can see the time running. So it makes sense to set different timers. One for the nudles and of for the rest, you know. But they both run when you start one of them...

And I forgot: you can choose many favorite contacts...these are also no "informations"...so why is the selection so

8. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

+1 on the frustration. Just got my new Series 4 home. I can confirm that you cannot add messages, podcasts, or outlook as a complication with the new faces.

9. debsagos macrumors member

debsagos

No messages complication. WHY??

Its the one I probably use the most for quick replies to clients, and its not there....

10. Sean006 macrumors 6502

yeah this is unreal.....most used compilation for me also...email and messages

11. debsagos macrumors member

debsagos

12. GC251114 macrumors 6502

Not a great workaround , but if you have one of your contacts on either of the Infograph faces , if you press there’s the option to send a message. This however does not allow an an unread message count on the complication if they send & you don’t read. So if you get iMessage from say 2 or 3 regular contacts , a quick fix may be to add them to the watch face. This obviously doesn’t solve anything when anyone else messages you.

13. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

14. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hi all,

I just received my AW4 an I have lots of complications missing on new watch faces... such as WeatherPro for instance. When I select previous faces they are showing up.

Did I miss something? Is that a bug????

Thanks
    X

15. ohernan macrumors 6502

ohernan

You are correct, not all complications are available in the new watch faces.

16. justinf77 macrumors 6502

It's driving me crazy that there is no Phone or Messages complication on either of the Infograph watch faces.

17. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

This is ridiculous!!! Apple marketing guys are simply dumb! Please give the choice to choose any complication we like whatever the face is. Otherwise I think I’ll go back to my AW3!!!

18. Mjsavage macrumors member

Yes that is what miss most. Want to use the watch face but like to be able to quickly see how many messages I have

19. xpower180 macrumors regular

xpower180

Is this just a case of the missing apps just requiring updates or something more permanent than that?

20. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I love the new infograph modular face, but I am wondering if anybody else has noticed that while it's possible to set the timer as a complication, there's no stopwatch complication in this view. Does anybody know if this is a bug or if there is a workaround? I find having the stopwatch view as a complication very useful so I can see how much time is elapsed in the stopwatch at a glance.

21. mrklaw macrumors 68020

No alarm either which seems a much bigger omission.

Generally the two infographic faces have significant limitations on available complications - many third party ones not supported

22. GC251114 macrumors 6502

So no alarm , no messages , no timer & no email.

So basically just the ones the promo shot shows ?

23. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

Yeah. I don't have ESPN or Bleacher Report as an option on faces that I have looked at either.

24. JasonHB macrumors regular

There is an alarm and a stopwatch complication on the regular Infographic watch face.

Very odd that it’s not available on the modular one

Jason

25. alecc131 macrumors regular

Whoever was responsible for deciding on complications for these new faces is confused and really screwed up.