Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyrax83

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
What do I do when apps won't load on the Apple watch? Just constant spinning wheel

If unpaired, re-paired as a new device (not backup), installed the apps again and they still won't launch. Just a spinning wheel. The apps are up to date. Don't Apple Watch apps go through an Apple QA process? =/

- Shazam
- Facebook Messenger
- Buzzfeed

Instagram, CommBank and Westpac load fine

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
What do I do when apps won't load on the Apple watch? Just constant spinning wheel

If unpaired, re-paired as a new device (not backup), installed the apps again and they still won't launch. Just a spinning wheel. The apps are up to date. Don't Apple Watch apps go through an Apple QA process? =/

- Shazam
- Facebook Messenger
- Buzzfeed

Instagram, CommBank and Westpac load fine

You might try the solution suggested in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ing-i-finally-fixed-it-all-apps-work.1965561/

Seems pretty similar to what you're describing.

Reactions: menace3

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks gwhizkids.

cyrax83 it's so damn frustrating because I could never get apps to work. Hopefully what I did to make my watch finally work will work for you. There seems to be a few methods around, but mine is actually 2 methods merged together. Only 1 other told me that it worked for them, so please keep us posted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.