Apple Watch Circle Edition

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tegranjeet, Apr 24, 2019.

?

Apple Watch Circle Edition with a round display. Would you want?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    83.0%
  1. tegranjeet macrumors member

tegranjeet

If Apple released an Apple Watch with a round display, maybe even adapting a new interface for the OS, would you want it? Even though I know the screen would be tiny, I think I would.

2. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Not on your nelly if the screen is smaller than the current models.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Obviously others would want a round watch, but that’s not even likely consideration at this point, not to mention, there’s really nothing indicative that Apple will be doing something like this in the future.

4. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Apple products have always stood out. You can spot them in movies and commercials because they are different. When I'm watching a movie I can almost tell what Apple product that it. It's like that with cars and cameras that you see in movies. When Apple put a rear facing camera on their phones, you knew it was an iPhone. Thats why Apple has white headphones instead of your basic black.

I can't see Apple redesigning the Watch anytime soon.

5. JoshCalvetti macrumors member

JoshCalvetti

I would love a round watch because I think that's still a better watch shape; the current one is very "computer on your wrist". It looks pretty decent, but I personally would love a different form factor, even if it did significantly less.

6. dotzero123 macrumors regular

dotzero123

I voted no. Still in the honeymoon I love you phase with AW4. It would take some really innovative updates to turn my head from this beauty.

7. parseckadet macrumors 65816

parseckadet

Honestly, I can’t really answer this until I saw it. But there are a lot of factors that would come into play. Like whether the current bands worked, etc.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That’s a good point about the bands if they would be compatible or not with a round watch versus the square watch. Knowing Apple, they probably would figure a way out for the bands to be compatible, but in the same respect, I could also see a different style band that would have to pair with a round watch. But again, it all depends on the design element, I’d say a round watch will be likely at some point in the future, but not anytime soon either.

9. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Choice is always good. So long as it isn’t too much confusing choice yes I’m looking at you iPad

10. Vlad Soare macrumors member

Vlad Soare

Rather than making a round watch, I wish Apple offered square faces for the existing watch.
    I like the watch as it is; I find that the square shape really suits it. But a round face on a square watch looks stupid to me. :oops:

11. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

No but I could see them doing an Apple Watch Mini or "Apple Fit" device that caters only for basic fitness tracking (ala iPod shuffle)

12. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

I thought I’d prefer a round watch (having worn one for 30 yrs) but the square has grown on my over the past 2 yrs.

13. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Absolutely no chance of this happening IMO.