Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch Edition models are beginning to sell out just weeks before the Apple Watch Series 8 lineup is expected to be announced.

apple-watch-series-7-titanium.jpg

Several of the high-end Apple Watch Series 7 models with titanium casings are listed as "currently unavailable" on Apple's online store in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and select other countries. In the United States, availability of 41mm models is most depleted at this time, but a few 45mm models are out of stock too.

Apple Watch Series 8 models are expected to be unveiled alongside the iPhone 14 in September. In addition to two standard Series 8 models, Apple plans to introduce a "rugged" model with a larger display and a more durable design that would be suitable for hiking and extreme sports, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. While the rugged model is said to feature a titanium case, it is unclear if it would be branded as an Apple Watch Edition.

Other rumored features for the Apple Watch Series 8 include the ability to detect if you have a fever and an "S8" chip with the same processor specifications as the S7 chip in the Series 7. For more, check out our Apple Watch Series 8 guide.

Article Link: Apple Watch Edition Begins Selling Out Ahead of Series 8 Launch

Octavius8

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2016
If you could get it with a discount, it would be the best choice as the “new” one most likely will be basically the same as the 7, except higher price.

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
I don't understand why people would invest in the casing or bands on these watches. The value of the watch is in the technology which is obsolete one to two years later.
I personally really like the look of the white ceramic model. The pricing is definitely steep given the obsolescence. If Apple introduced a Watch upgrade program with a competitive cost, it'd be interesting for the Edition.

Reactions: mgscheue and JDnLex

TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

macrumors demi-goddess
I personally really like the look of the white ceramic model. The pricing is definitely steep given the obsolescence. If Apple introduced a Watch upgrade program with a competitive cost, it'd be interesting for the Edition.
It would be nice if Apple introduces a black ceramic model. I'll also take the midnight color too. Wishful thinking, ha!

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I don't understand why people would invest in the casing or bands on these watches. The value of the watch is in the technology which is obsolete one to two years later.
I am amused by the folks who are worried and perhaps scared that an introduction of a new watch size may make their band collection non compatible with future watches. Perhaps they should have had a bit of a think before spending hundreds or thousands of dollars or euros on bands in various colours. Oh well, free choice and all that.

Octavius8

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2016
Agree, but is crazy that the bands actually last longer than the watch itself!!

Reactions: Anson_431

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
I personally view it a bit differently tbh. My first Apple Watch was a series 2, one I bought at launch and I’ve only upgraded to a Series 4 months after its launch as part of my 4G service plan (free of charge and no prepaid, and before you ask I live outside of US). Have stuck with my series 4 ever since and have no plans to switch it unless it dies on me 😂

With the heart rate sensor, fall detection, ability to peek at my messages during meetings, good battery and telling the time, I don’t really see the need to upgrade every 1-2 years like some would think towards an iPhone. The watch is more simple and functional if you get what I mean.

But I do understand where you come from and it’s quite a valid point if one is chasing after it every generation like an iPhone

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Agree, but is crazy that the bands actually last longer than the watch itself!!
Agreed lol

My original Nike sport band from my series 2 is still here and functional with a bit signs of wear, but you won’t really notice until you observe it up close.

Stunning_Sense4712

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2021
I will be waiting until after preorders when the watch is widely available since FedEx has a bad habit of stealing Apple products in mass during a new product release.

JCCL

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
On the casing I agree with you, I have only bought the aluminum models. But I do like to buy different bands, they really do wonders to change the look of the watch, and so far they remain compatible with all models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.