Apple Watch for Wifey.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MuGeN PoWeR, Jul 27, 2015.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

So guys need your expert opinion. My anniversary is approaching next month and I was thinking of buying her an Apple Watch Sport. She currently uses an iPhone 5s and I will getting her new iPhone in September/October as well. I was just thinking whether i should buy it or not? What about the next hardware update? Is is worth it or not? Keeping in mind I want to buy one for myself but that is a later plan. Thanks

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Mistake #1 - strangers on Internet forums are not experts on what YOUR wife likes. Even Tim Cook wouldn't be able to tell you. If you really don't know what your wife likes, you should probably spend more time with her and get to know her better.

On the other hand, if you have technical questions on AW, I'm sure many of us are happy to give you our 2 cents.

3. fireman13 macrumors 6502

its Apple, knowing them they will add some new colors and bands for the holiday season. I don't think however we will see a major refresh this year. That just my opinion so take it at face value.
    Whether she will like it or not really depends on how techy she is. I know if I bought my wife one she would hardly ever wear it because she could just care less. She loves her phone but sees no need for a watch. She would be happier with a new pair of shoes. Im sure though she love what ever you get her. The fact that you remembered should give you a few brownie points..lol

4. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Duh. The purpose of this thread to get the help regarding the purchase of Apple Watch and any reasonable person with common sense can understand that this thread was created after the fact that she likes the Apple Watch.

Anyways thank you for such an amazing advice. I will totally ignore your comment. I should have written that she likes Apple Watch for the people like you with.

5. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Well she is not that techy. And of course she will love new pair of shoes. But she said to me that lets buy two of them. One for you and one for me. So that is why I have this thing in my mind.

6. Fthree macrumors 6502a

Schedule her an appt to try one on. If she falls in love with it then buy it and have them set it up and go through the tutorial with her there.

7. Fthree macrumors 6502a

My wife is not at ALL techy and enjoys making fun of me because i have Apple produts all over the house. She saw my watch and said "i think id like one of those, let me try it on...."

8. fireman13 macrumors 6502

Then I would go for it. Question now is what color? There have been rumors of gold colors for the sport. But you can't plan based on rumors

9. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

You should have started you first post with the above sentence. This changes everything there. Given that she actually said it, I don't understand why you are hesitant. She obviously wants the watches to be purchased as a pair, as anniversary present that you both wear during your anniversary celebration.

10. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I would happily buy my wife one just for the simple fact I could finally use the digital sketch lol..but I would be wasting my money because she would forget to put it on everyday

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Same here. OP doesn't realize how lucky he is to have a wife that actually is interested in having an AW. I would have run, not walked, to buy two.

12. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Well we have already done that.

13. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Yeah I read the rumors as well but I doubt it that they will be of the same price. And currently I have 349$ in mind. I don't want to spend more than that.

14. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

That is one of the reasons she wants to buy two. The second reason is the heartbeat sharing. And me and my wife both wear watches.

Haha yeah now we are talking :p okay it is decided that I am going to buy her an Apple Watch.

15. hokiemas macrumors member

I got my wife a sport while I'm here in the States. I got the pink band and a white band. Hopefully she'll dig it. I've been living with mine for a week now and love it.

16. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

My husband and I went together to try-on appointments back in May. I really was hoping he would want one. He's not a first gen kind of guy most of the time but he didn't mind buying me mine so guess I can't complain. I loved being in the store where we were both trying on bands and do think it would have been extra special that we had companion watches. Let us know what you guys end up with.

17. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Last night we went walking around our neighborhood together and I used my Outdoor Walk tracking for the first time. Guess what, I'm watching a show right now he's not into and he asked if he could wear my watch and go for a walk!!LOL. He might end up getting one sooner than later. He likes to hike our park mountain trails so I think he'd enjoy it. I think walking together with watches on is kind of a bonding, healthy activity and kind of romantic too. While I can't send a beating heart to him on his 6+, I do send him an occasional iMessage of my latest activity award. He appreciates it and likes that the watch is getting me in better shape. I think companion watches is a nice thing to buy for your anniversary.

18. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

You should definitely get her one! Wrap it up in a BIG box though so she's surprised when she sees the smaller package inside. What number anniversary is it? You might get some kind of an accessory with that traditional anniversary material in it that she can open first...

"Titanium Beats headphones? Wow, how sweat of you- you remembered that Titanium is the ___ year anniversary material! But, what will I ever use a pair of titanium Beats headphones for???"

Then you hit her with the apple watch box.

A cool thing about the apple watch is that it allows you two to stay in communication even more easily than you can with the phones...so it's kind of an ideal anniversary gift as I see it.

19. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

hahaha thats a good idea. and its 3rd anniversary :)

20. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah its an awesome companion watch. and sure i will update you guyz.

21. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

She already decided anyway.

Rumors of hardware updates are always just rumors anyway. For now, we just have our opinions, and it's my opinion that we won't see new hardware for at least two or three years, if not longer.

For my wife and I -- I probably wouldn't be expecting to get one unless she was interested, but she became interested halfway through the presentation last year. The plan is she'll buy one for me first, I'll use it and develop a solid opinion, and we'll get hers later.

22. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

I hope the same as it doesn't make any sense for the Watch to upgrade every year. The next hardware update should be after least 2 years. And yes I am going to buy it in August from Best Buy so that I can use 10% movers coupon on that.

23. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Have a very happy anniversary and congratulations! I hope your wife will like her Apple Watch as much as I like mine. Bearing in mind it's first generation and not perfect, it's still a lot of fun.

Every day I have fun picking out which color sport band I'm going to wear. Getting her new bands for it will give you more gift giving options down the line if you end up stuck for ideas.

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think they may wait until the fall to release a hardware update, but I fully expect gen 2 watch to be released in 2016. Otherwise, the competition is going to catch up to Apple. I'm not sure why people think otherwise. It's a high end electronic gadget. What was the last electronic gadget that didn't get updated yearly? Apple TV and iPods are the exception rather than the rule.

25. fireman13 macrumors 6502

It doesn't make since for us but Apple is in the business of making money, and they do a fantastic job at that. I believe they will want to add something for the holiday season. It may not be a major refresh, but they'll want to freshen the watch line a little. September will have been a year that it was at least introduced and the public got their first peak at it. Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it would definitely not happen.