Apple Watch Hermès Now Available in 17 More Cities

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch Hermès can now be purchased at Apple and Hermès stores, and select fashion boutiques, in an additional 17 cities as of this week.

In the U.S., the models are now available in Bellevue, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Portland, and Washington D.C. In Europe, the new cities include Barcelona, Brussels, Florence, Madrid, and Manchester.

Apple Watch Hermès has also expanded to Guangzhou, Macau, and Shenzhen in China, in addition to Melbourne, Australia and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Apple Watch Hermès has also been available for purchase online since January, while Apple began selling standalone Apple Watch Hermès bands through its online store yesterday for between $340 and $690 based on U.S. pricing.

(Thanks, Alan!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Hermès Now Available in 17 More Cities

Reactions: orbital~debris

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Hands up: does anyone care about the Hermes bands?

I know most of the people on the forums don't (I don't), and I'm not judging the hypothetical person who does care... but does that hypothetical person actually exist, and do they actually visit MacRumors?

ck2875

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
What I don't get is that you can buy the stainless steel watch for $599 (with sports band) and the Hermes Leather Cuff band for $690. But if you buy the Hermes Cuff Watch prebuilt it's $1500.

• $599 -$49 sports band = 42mm stainless watch is $550
  • $1500 - $690 Hermes cuff band = 42mm Hermes stainless watch is $810
  • $810 - $550 = $260 for the digital Hermes Watch Face
....seriously???

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
What I don't get is that you can buy the stainless steel watch for $599 (with sports band) and the Hermes Leather Cuff band for $690. But if you buy the Hermes Cuff Watch prebuilt it's $1500.

....seriously???
iSheep pricing?

NufSaid

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2015
ÜT: 41.065573,-83.668801
I know that there will be people saying WHY?
Who would buy this?

I am assuming that those would be those people who are not making their living at sales.
In sales you always have "a big one"

Did you know that Mont Blanc has a pen that is $750,000 pen? Makes the $250 pen seem cheap.
Also in sales you will people to whom money never means anything and need to have what others do not have. $1500 is a sushi dinner for some...not me but don't underestimate what some people spend.

CELEBRATE that people spend this on bands....keeps our prices lower :D

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010

....seriously???
An extra year of warranty is included, as are the engraving, special watch face, and Hermès box. That said, I am surprised the bands aren't more expensive.

ike1707

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
Starting to get harder and harder to stay an Apple fan when this is the crap they're coming out withZ
Hermes is a french designer that sells $4k jackets, $7k goatskin pants and $350 t-shirts, and you judge apple? They're essentially just promoting someone else's product. Neither of us are supposed to want these- they're for people with more money than they know what to do with.

Reactions: makr and Ghost31

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007

I know most of the people on the forums don't (I don't), and I'm not judging the hypothetical person who does care... but does that hypothetical person actually exist, and do they actually visit MacRumors?
I do care about the Hermès watches and bands. I don’t post often but I’ve been visiting MacRumors for a long time now.

I’m a geek who cares quite a bit about fashion and I’m thrilled my favourite tech company is moving deeper and deeper into fashion.

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Starting to get harder and harder to stay an Apple fan when this is the crap they're coming out withZ
It's a new era. You're not going to like everything Apple releases. There's absolutely nothing wrong with these bands. No one is forcing you to buy them. Apple's phones, computers, tablets and other devices are still great products...

Reactions: chuyn

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
I know that there will be people saying WHY?
Who would buy this?

I am assuming that those would be those people who are not making their living at sales.
In sales you always have "a big one"

Did you know that Mont Blanc has a pen that is $750,000 pen? Makes the $250 pen seem cheap.
Also in sales you will people to whom money never means anything and need to have what others do not have. $1500 is a sushi dinner for some...not me but don't underestimate what some people spend.

CELEBRATE that people spend this on bands....keeps our prices lower :D
Absolutely. It's a big world out there. A big world with lots of filthy rich people. All the more evident when we leave the cozy confines of the US (since presumably most people here are American). Amazing just how much money some people have.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
An extra year of warranty is included, as are the engraving, special watch face, and Hermès box. That said, I am surprised the bands aren't more expensive.
I was about to say the same. Considering it's Hermes and leather.

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008

I care about the bands. I've had a SS since launch and tried a couple of the Apple leather bands, but have had my eye on the Hermès watch since it launched in October. I was able to sell my launch SS for $500 a couple of weeks ago and ordered the Hermès single loop. Once the band prices came out I called Apple and they are crediting me back $200 to help offset the price difference from buying them separate.

Everybody has different taste when it comes to the bands. I see some of the bands posted in the Show My Watch thread and think they're ugly as hell. That's the great thing about fashion.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012

I don't really care, but my wife does. Of course she is not on MacRumors. She already has the Apple leather Modern Clasp, the Milanese, and a plastic band. Could see her wanting a Hermes, but I won't let her unless Apple give her the ability to turn on the Hermes watch face.

TonyC28

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2009
USA
"Thinner" and "bands" have to be two of the most used words on Apple info/rumor sites.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
Yippee ki-Yay!!
[doublepost=1461166179][/doublepost]
Yeah I'm starting to feel like I'm reading about some other company with all this mediocrity Apple is spewing out now.
[doublepost=1461166258][/doublepost]
So glad you find value in this stuff.

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
I care about the bands. I've had a SS since launch and tried a couple of the Apple leather bands, but have had my eye on the Hermès watch since it launched in October. I was able to sell my launch SS for $500 a couple of weeks ago and ordered the Hermès single loop. Once the band prices came out I called Apple and they are crediting me back $200 to help offset the price difference from buying them separate.

Everybody has different taste when it comes to the bands. I see some of the bands posted in the Show My Watch thread and think they're ugly as hell. That's the great thing about fashion.
Do you mean that you ordered the Hermès Apple Watch Single Tour and Apple gave you $200 credit?

Last edited:

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
Do you mean that you ordered the Hermès Apple Watch Single Tour and Apple gave you $200 credit?
That's correct. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago before the pricing for the bands were announced and it finally went to preparing for shipping yesterday. I called Apple last night to see if they could maybe throw in Apple Care for free to offset some of the price difference and the rep said she would just take off $200 which would get it closer to the buying separate price. I would have kept it either way, but I'm not complaining. :)

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
That's correct. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago before the pricing for the bands were announced and it finally went to preparing for shipping yesterday. I called Apple last night to see if they could maybe throw in Apple Care for free to offset some of the price difference and the rep said she would just take off $200 which would get it closer to the buying separate price. I would have kept it either way, but I'm not complaining. :)
Interesting. I'm a bit surprised they didn't lower the price of the full set. They seem to be making the Hermes a bit more mainstream now, between making the bands available separately, to offering them at more physical stores and online.

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006
Hermes leather is pretty amazing stuff. I love all of my Hermes items. The quality is really top notch!