Apple Watch is Fried

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vikingjunior, Apr 29, 2015.

1. vikingjunior, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015

vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Ordered my Apple Watch at pre-order 3:03 confirmation but didn't receive on launch day that was disappointment number one. Received my watch on Monday well actually went to UPS to picked it up at 9am because I was excited. I get home set everything up and it all seems fine.

The next day I go to work and the watch seem to be working fine I was happy until BAM! The watch went black and unresponsive nothing worked couldn't get it to power on none of the buttons did anything OMG! I go home put it on the charger the Apple logo comes on watch powers on and then it quickly shuts off again I have not been able to get it to boot on again.

DAM! Two phone calls to Apple support and she had me try everything and nothing worked. She said she will get back to me today.
    Honestly I'm pissed all this excitement and anticipation and then the huge disappointment, this has just put me in a bad mood. Yes I know it's a watch but that's not the point.

I cant help but notice people making excuses for Apple about it being their first watch and version one software. BS with a company like Apple there is no excuse for this it's not like their selling these at Android prices which I could accept if it was an Android but when I paying a premium price I don't want excuses.

I know how this is going to end with the customer support telling me to ship my watch back and when they get it they will send me a replacement. Its not happening if they don't ship me a watch first they can keep their watch and give my money back. Then I promise I will finally be done with Apple and their proprietary cables, overkill security and passwords its insistence on WiFi to back up my phone and pictures I have unlimited data with my carrier don't force me to have WiFi Apple. I'm tired of there $1.29 itunes songs when Android sells the same song for .99. The way Apple charges a extra dollar for movies compared to Amazon and Android. By the way Apple you suck at syncing anything. suck!

I know I'm not going to break Apple but this DEAD watch was a huge letdown. I know don't let the door hit me I got it. Good news is I get to shop for all new equipment that doesn't have a Apple on it. Dam you Apple.

2. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

What are you going to do when your non apple hardware fries or doesn't work?

3. brianld macrumors member

brianld

tl;dr - "My Apple Watch was defective, here's a bunch of other reasons I supposedly already hated Apple even though I pre-ordered at 12:03am, now I'm switching from Apple completely."

4. MJWilliams1080 macrumors newbie

So, why are you building a dam at Apple? A company based in California seems highly unlikely to be impacted by a dam?

Anyways. Don't believe you. But cool story though.

5. Mathletics macrumors member

Mathletics

6. martinctv macrumors regular

In my experience Apple always shipped me the replacement first then I would have 10 days to return the defective item. In my case it was an iphone and iPad mini. They will ask for a cc# just in case you do not return the devise. Good luck.

7. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

At least I got one useful response, thank you, I'll see what she says tonight.

8. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Android sells songs? I didn't know that. I have a Nexus 7 and haven't ever bought anything from Android. Stuff costs the same on both dude.

9. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Really?! I sent back my Watch because there's dust under the glass (and I'm not mad at Apple... it happens!) and they told me they would only send it after they've received the Watch.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Sorry to hear you have a DOA watch. Call Apple promptly and they will take care of you. When 300,000 ship in one weekend, one is bound to have early mortality. Same thing can happen to a Samsung TV... any device made by anyone. Even Rolexes break sometimes. It just feels worse when you're anxious to receive it.

11. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Dust is one thing a dead watch is another. I guess your not allowed to be upset with Apple around here geez.

Attached Files:

12. Simplicated, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I didn't even mean to direct that at you. I guess being that upset with any company for electronics where failure is completely random is just childish. I really love the sense of entitlement and petulance that's pervasive on this forum.

Edit: Just noticed your username. It all makes a lot of sense now.

13. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Bad stuff happens.

For OP, it was a defective product.

For me, it was reading this thread.

14. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

What did you expect after rant like that?

Anyway, duds like that happen, and it definitely sucks… And I completely sympathize after this whole preorder drama. But I don't think you can try to draw some parallels between the experience of the preorder and the fact that your particular watch was a dud.

As for all the other stuff... I will grant you that the only reason we pay the Apple premium is because we expect a better product, better integration, and better service. I'm generally satisfied with that transaction, but if you are not then it is certainly your prerogative to spend your money elsewhere.

15. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

I get it. You broke the watch and you're building your case for AppleCare+ replacement.

16. martinctv macrumors regular

Maybe they do it differently with the watch.

17. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

So they wanted me to send the watch back have engineers look at it and send me a replacement. Of course I told her to send me a replacement and I will send the defective watch back. The only way she said to do that was if I had apple-care which annoyed me more. I then just asked for a return label and my money back.

I will say Apple support is wonderful and will be missed. Maybe if I didn't wake up at 3am or maybe if I received it on launch day I wouldn't of been so upset but anyway it's been real, flame on!

18. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

this place is just infested with Apple fanatics. Anything that isn't downright praising their deity (Apple and Apple product) is met with "Who cares" or "your fault"

sad to see the culture here, but hardly surprising.

to OP. I'm sorry to hear that, if my Apple watch dies right now, I'd be pissed after all that pre-ordering and waiting. I hope it get resolved, and don't forget to ask politely for any compensation (you might get a free charger for your trouble)

19. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Except it's not the OP's fault, nor is Apple's. Electronic devices fail randomly. The OP simply had bad luck but the rant was childish at best. I didn't get my Watch on launch day either and by your logic, I should be as pissed as the OP because I basically have to wait another week before I get a replacement. Even more ridiculous, you seem to encourage the culture of endless ranting AND swindling the company out of compensation.

It's a damn gadget. People lived many years without it and guess what? They survived without it. Get over it. There's nothing to be pissed off about.

20. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Nothing is built 100% perfect. Things happen. At least you'll get a new replacement. I don't see an automobile company letting you return a car for a new one when you find something wrong with it. Take care.

21. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

after 2 weeks of waiting. OP has to wait ANOTHER week to get a replacement? Apple should've thought of all the failure rate and have them in store for situation like this.

The fact OP has to wait even longer now, is full justification of asking for compensation (whether he is going to get it is another story).

in short... Apple's fault for fault device, Apple's fault for not having replacement product ready, OP has the right (at least the right) to ask for compensation

22. Stokkes macrumors member

Hey man, that sucks to have had that happen. I've had that occur for a few other products before.

When a company produces millions of devices (especially new technology where processes aren't as refined as they could be), there are bound to be a few duds in the bunch.

Unfortunately you pulled the short straw and got a dud. It sucks, but it's bound to happen to a few people with this first generation. it's just a result of manufacturing processes. Even company such as Apple can't get it perfect the first time.

I know you have a bad taste in your mouth right now, but go through the steps, get a new watch from Apple, it's highly unlikely this will happen with your new one.

Cheers and enjoy the new watch when you finally get it again.

23. HussRainbow macrumors regular

HussRainbow

Just think how lucky you are to at least have a watch! mess-ups and all! Feel for us poor Space Black SS people :p

24. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

Welcome to Apple 2015. How else do you expect them to have 60% Margins on this? Tim only gives a crap about his shareholders. He has sold out. QC is down the crapper on this product. Polished on the outside, cheap on the inside. Look at the bright side. You can get rid of it and then spend $1599 on the new Apple Netbook.

Ive's is out of control, and SJ is rolling in his grave. :apple:

25. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Thanks for the positive and encouraging posts and excuse my English its not my first language. At this point I packed up the watch but I am going to sleep on it. Good Night!