Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 Available With New Midnight Fog Band Starting November 24 [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 13, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Nike today announced the Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 will be available with a new "Midnight Fog" colored Sport Loop starting November 24.

[​IMG]

Nike says the Space Gray aluminum casing coupled with the darkly shaded Sport Loop combine to give this particular model a so-called "stealthy color scheme" of "deep grays with iridescent accents."

The new Midnight Fog edition will be offered in a Cellular + GPS configuration for the usual $399 on Nike.com and at Nike retail stores in the United States. It's unclear if the model will be sold by Apple as well.

The new Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 variation will be accompanied by Nike's new Air VaporMax in a matching Midnight Fog color. The $190 running shoes will be available November 24.

Apple Watch Nike+ comes with all the features of Apple Watch Series 3, including cellular, which lets you take calls, send messages, and stream Apple Music without needing to pair the watch to your iPhone.

Apple Watch Nike+ models have exclusive Nike watch faces designed specifically for Apple Watch, with digital and analog styles. You can launch the Nike+ Run Club app directly from the face by tapping the complication.

Update: Subsequent to publishing, Nike revised its press release to state that the new Midnight Fog Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 model launches November 24, not November 14 as originally stated.

Article Link: Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 Available With New Midnight Fog Band Starting November 24 [Updated]

2. brian3uk macrumors regular

Looks cool. Hope the band is available separately, unlike the black/plat one. :/

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Any word on a GPS-only model with this color?

4. xnu macrumors 6502

xnu

That is actually quite nice. I would definitely purchase that is I ever left my computer screen.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Doubtful since none of the GPS only watches have the loop bands stock.

6. jimthing, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017

jimthing macrumors 65816

jimthing

Can anyone supply pix of the extra watch faces on the Nike+ (and Hermès) models? It'd be interesting to know whether such an "extra" is all that interesting.

7. citysnaps macrumors 68040

8. tedwill macrumors newbie

tedwill

It looks nice, but they need to really work on their code. I run a full marathon using the Nike app with my Apple Watch 3, my iPhone 7 Plus. Both crashed during mile 7 when I ran through a tunnel on the course. For some reason, they both couldn't deal with the tunnel and the lack of signal. They were totally useless after that. When they restarted, it concluded the 26.2 mile run on mile 7. There was no "catch up" mode to continue to run after the crash.

This happened another time during training. For the most part, I use the Nike app for training, but if it really matters, I use the built in Apple Watch exercise app.

9. Adam089 macrumors newbie

I still don't have a heartbeat with the nike app.

10. rutiger macrumors regular

Same here. I use the app for training and even with that plenty of times it crashes, won’t start on watch, or will only sync after hard rebooting phone and watch. I’ve had it crash during races too which is really annoying. Has happened on multiple iOS and watch os builds and with various versions of both phone and watch hardware.

11. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

12. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

I would love that band and those Vapor Max's please!!!! stunning color

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

AWWWW. Frakin-A. Just bought a AW S3 LTE w/ Olive band because I didn't like the band that came with the Nike version. Would have loved this one. Oh well.

(Bought at BB b/c I had 10% and didn't look like S3 was going to be Black Fridayed at all. Crappy BB has $35 restock fee b/c of the LTE chip though. Really crappy of them but it was my choice to sleep with the devil. Now I got burned a bit. Heh.)

14. ke-iron macrumors 65816

Forget about the watch, I’ll stay with my first gen stainless steel as long as it works. Those sneakers though, really nice!

15. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

16. travisketchum macrumors newbie

I’d like to chime in here as well. Been running a lot more recently and the Nike+ app has hosed me many times.

Randomly crashing and losing miles, getting hung and screwing up GPS reads or split times. Frustrating syncs etc.

It’s auto pause and voice over feature are excellent. But it fails pretty badly at its core goals of reliably tracking workouts.

Deal breaker really, which is too bad because I want to love the app.

17. dragicon macrumors member

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I was using the series 0 SS until 2 weeks ago, and WOW I didn't know how slow that thing was. I picked up a SG series 3, and it is amazing. I thought mine was working just fine. I suggest checking it out, at the very least try it for a return period.

19. kliface macrumors newbie

Put me down for that band if it’s sold separately...

20. ke-iron macrumors 65816

I know it’s incredibly fast. It’s just that I only use my watch for time, calendar and up next features, oh and glancing at messages. I rarely use it for anything else. I used my iPhone for everything else.

21. lederermc macrumors 6502

lederermc

WHAT! that's crazy. A fitness app w/o heart beat is like a car without an engine.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

gotcha. I am similar. I only use it for the time and notification alerts. I also actually use Siri now because it works insanely fast.

23. Zoboomafoo macrumors 6502

I ran the Chicago and NYC marathons with Nike run club. Nike lost a total of 10 miles and 30 minutes of time as it kept stopping.

Definitely can’t justify using it for anything of consequence again as it really ruined the whole experience

24. thisisnotmyname macrumors 68000

thisisnotmyname

So does it come with the shoes? I'm confused. Those are some HUGE treads on those shoes too, looks like it belongs on big mud truck tires or something :p