Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch Nike+ GPS and LTE Series 3 models are now available to buy in stores across Australia, Asia and Europe, with customers already posting shots of their newly acquired smartwatches on the MacRumors forums and over on Reddit.

apple-watch-nike-series-3-lte-800x853.jpg

Several posts confirm that in some cases, customers are cancelling their online orders held up in shipping and are walking into local brick-and-mortar stores to buy their chosen Nike+ Series 3 model outright.

MacRumors forum member griffith_500 posted the above photo explaining that he preordered the Nike+ LTE with a reseller only to be informed today that they wouldn't receive the watch before mid October. "So I tried my luck and walked into the Apple store in Zurich where they had all the Nike models on stock... Love it!"

Nike-series-3-apple-watch-LTE-box-800x510.jpg
Nike+ Series 3 LTE bought in Shanghai Apple Store

Over in China, Reddit member eddietsai posted the above image of his Nike+ Series 3 LTE purchase from a local Shanghai Apple Store, where they only had the Sport Loop in stock.

Meanwhile across the U.S., Apple orders are currently in transit across various locations and should be making their way into the hands of customers in the next few hours. Although some eager early risers have also cancelled their online orders with Apple after stores including Best Buy updated their stock to indicate availability for in-store pickup as soon as stores open today.

nike-apple-watch-s3-apce-gray-aluminum-800x350.jpg
LTE Space Gray aluminum case with Black/Pure Platinum Sport Loop (Image via Reddit)

Several Nike+ watch bands are also available for in-store pickup today. Additional Nike+ bands are $49 each in the United States. Apple Watch Nike+ comes in four styles in both 38mm and 42mm sizes, with both cellular and Wi-Fi + GPS only models to choose from:

o Silver Aluminum Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band
o Silver Aluminum Case with Bright Crimson/Black Nike Sport Loop
o Space Gray Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
o Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black/Pure Platinum Nike Sport Loop

Apple Watch Nike+ models are priced between $329 and $429 in the U.S.

Countries in today's launch include the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.

Article Link: Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 GPS and LTE Models Now in Stores

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013

Apple Watch Nike+ GPS and LTE Series 3 models are now available to buy in stores across Australia, Asia and Europe, with customers already posting shots of their newly acquired smartwatches on the MacRumors forums and over on Reddit.

apple-watch-nike-series-3-lte-800x853.jpg

Several posts confirm that in some cases, customers are cancelling their online orders held up in shipping and are walking into local brick-and-mortar stores to buy their chosen Nike+ Series 3 model outright.

MacRumors forum member griffith_500 posted the above photo explaining that he preordered the Nike+ LTE with a reseller only to be informed today that they wouldn't receive the watch before mid October. "So I tried my luck and walked into the Apple store in Zurich where they had all the Nike models on stock... Love it!"

Nike-series-3-apple-watch-LTE-box-800x510.jpg

Nike+ Series 3 LTE bought in Shanghai Apple Store

Over in China, Reddit member eddietsai posted the above image of his Nike+ Series 3 LTE purchase from a local Shanghai Apple Store, where they only had the white Sport Loop in stock.

Meanwhile across the U.S., Apple orders are currently in transit across various locations and should be making their way into the hands of customers in the next few hours. Although some eager early risers have also cancelled their online orders with Apple after stores including Best Buy updated their stock to indicate availability for in-store pickup as soon as stores open today.

nike-apple-watch-s3-apce-gray-aluminum-800x350.jpg

LTE Space Gray aluminum case with Pure Platinum band (Image via Reddit)

Several Nike+ watch bands are also available for in-store pickup today. Additional Nike+ bands are $49 each in the United States. Apple Watch Nike+ comes in four styles in both 38mm and 42mm sizes, with both cellular and Wi-Fi + GPS only models to choose from:

o Silver Aluminum Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band
o Silver Aluminum Case with Bright Crimson/Black Nike Sport Loop
o Space Gray Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
o Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black/Pure Platinum Nike Sport Loop

Apple Watch Nike+ models are priced between $329 and $429 in the U.S.

Countries in today's launch include the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.

Article Link: Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 GPS and LTE Models Now in Stores
The final image is not of a Pure Platinum Band FYI

jefflmorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
I honestly thought people were overreacting about the red dot. However, looking at the pic above, I now understand why people are unhappy.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It’s an awful design choice they shouldn’t have added the dot
It does clash with a lot of the color choices and should not have been imposed on everyone at large. However, I like it a lot with the band and watch I chose.

It’s going to look horrible with my purple and aqua colored Nike bands, though. Fortunately, I don’t care. I can’t see the black dot on my Series 0 stainless steel when I’m wearing it, unless I tilt my wrist to look at it. I suppose other people will be able to see the red dot and might find it objectionable, but the great thing about being a frumpy middle aged lady is nobody gives a rats assets about what I’m wearing, as they’re too busy checking out good looking younger ladies. :p I get away with so much!

As long as I don’t go around in :eek: flesh colored yoga pants, all is good.

Reactions: Little dude

nexesnex

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Wait a minute.... you can still get Apple plastic bags? Here in NYC, Apple only offers paper bags. I thought they'd done away with them everywhere... I guess I was wrong.

Reactions: 5105973

Adam089

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2017
Germany
My Apple store just listed them for buy online and pickup today on numerous models! I bought a Nike cellular space grey 38 and 42. Pickup shortly and canceled my other two that were not shipping til late October

Not here. The pickup date would be the 10th of November.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Don't worry soon they will have so many that Apple can't give them away....

As the market leader I find that hard to believe and unlike Samsung they do have stores to give them away in as their presence in the uk retail market is tiny...

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
Personally, I prefer the space grey over the silver in the aluminum case. Was not a fan of the silver from the beginning. Just my opinion...nothing more. However, when combined with certain Nike bands, the silver looks really nice.
Also, I don't understand why you can't get the Nike faces unless you buy the Nike branded watch. You can add the Nike bands to any version of the watch, but don't get the Nike face when there is no other difference other than the logo on the back, which can't be seen. The Nike watch is priced the same, too. So what's the big deal.
Just like if you decide to add a Hermes band, you should be able to get the face (which I really like) somehow. Again, no difference otherwise. You pay extra for the band either way. Oh, well...:confused:

smurray

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Several Nike+ watch bands are also available for in-store pickup today.

I can't seem to find where the NIKE+ Sport Loop bands are being sold separately. Or was that quote only referring to the Nike+ Sport Bands that have always been available?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.