Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 Launches With Limited Quantities Available in Store

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 5, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The new Apple Watch Nike+ officially launches today and early pre-orders are being delivered to customers, with pick-ups available in stores in limited quantities.

The new Apple Watch Nike+ devices come with all the features new to the Series 4 models, including a larger screen, thinner body, a (currently U.S-only) ECG reader, fall detection, and more.

[​IMG]

In addition, the Nike+ collection features redesigned Nike watch faces that match to the new band colors, including a Pure Platinum/Black Sport Band and a Summit White Sport Loop with reflective yarn.

Apple Watch Nike+ comes in four styles in both 40mm and 44mm sizes, with both cellular and Wi-Fi + GPS only models to choose from:
    [*]Silver Aluminum Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band
    [*]Space Grey Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
    [*]Silver Aluminum Case with Summit White Nike Sport Loop
    [*]Space Grey Aluminum Case with Black Nike Sport LoopApple Watch Nike+ models are priced between $399 and $499 in the United States. Additional Nike+ bands are $49 each.

Launch countries include Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, the U.K., and the U.S.

Article Link: Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 Launches With Limited Quantities Available in Store

2. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

3. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

And yet the only feature I'm truly interested in remains conspicuously absent… :(

Angry Birds on iWatch.gif

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Who buys these? I don’t understand what’s different..

5. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Well if I was going to get an aluminium version, I would get the Nike... Identical watch case, but great sports straps and more options for the watch faces..

6. profets macrumors 601

Wish I could purchase that summit white sport loop separately.

7. GOAT4521 macrumors member

So I guess there won't be any in stock for people who didn't preorder for in store pickup?

8. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

If history stays true, you should be able to in about 4 months.

9. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

Got mine today, why wouldn’t you buy the Nike watch? Same price with extra watch faces.

10. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

Are stores open early today for the launch?

11. recoil80 macrumors 68020

Unless one really dislike the sport band Nike is a great choice. Same price, more watch faces.
    The only downside is you usually have to wait longer as it doesn't ship at the same time as the other models

Edit: I didn't realise you could get a Nike Watch with the sport strap, last year you could only have the Nike band.

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Check his avatar, their store has probably closed by now. :)

13. backontwo macrumors newbie

backontwo

14. denverbb macrumors newbie

Apple just updated in store availability in the “in-store pickup” results in the app. But I don’t trust it as it says none are available. Doesn’t Apple reserve walk-in quantities in their store for new products?

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

Pretty sure he's referring to the Nike band -- which is essentially a sport strap with ventilation.

16. recoil80 macrumors 68020

Yes but this year you can buy a Nike watch with the sport loop, the same band you get with the regular aluminium Watch.
    So if you don't like the Nike strap with holes you can get it with the velcro band.
    Same band, same price but you get some extra stuff in software. My next AW will likely be a Nike.
    Only downside is you have less colors, but if you like silver or space gray you're totally fine with a Nike

17. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

I get that, but since his stores opened so many hours ago he may know if they owned early in his area, which likely mean it’s open early near me.

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

Really?

All I see is the choice of either the Nike sport band or Nike sport loop (reflective) in either black or white. No option for the non-Nike loop. Saw them in store earlier this week as well, and the Nike loop is definitely different from the non-Nike.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch-nike
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2018 ---
    You'd want to check the specific store of course anyway.

FWIW -- I just ordered an S4 Nike for in-store pickup today (ATL).

I'd set an istocknow alert earlier this morning and when it went off I immediately ordered.

19. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

I don’t know but it’s nearly bedtime here. Ha

But I got it delivered anyway, ordered it on launch day, luckily I was in the UK at the time so I had a nice social hour to order as well.

20. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

I just noticed yesterday that my Series 4 is not working with wifi calling. It doesn't show under "Calls on other devices". Just my iPad and Mac. This is most likely a WatchOS 5 issue. Anyone else noticing this? :rolleyes:

21. Fthree macrumors 6502a

I bought the Series 2 in the nike edition but had to wait longer than the original release date. (thought the band was awesome) this year I bought series 4 on launch day and asked if they had any of the newer nike bands in stock and they did so i bought the band as well (MAYBE could have saved on the band waiting but now i have two). I like the watch faces but the ones you actually will use are the same as years before (which are dated to me)

22. Uaaerospace2, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018

Uaaerospace2 macrumors newbie

There is also tighter integration with the Nike Run Club app. It’s available as a complication in the Nike model, but I don’t believe it is on the regular model. Yes, you can add the NRC app to a regular watch from the App Store, but you can’t get the complication.

23. ELman macrumors member

And a better band!

24. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

Roger that. I just arrived at my (not so) local Apple store and they do NOT open early today. Ugh.

25. ELman macrumors member

Does anyone know if they want the band and charging adapter with the Apple GiveBack Trade in Offer or just the watch?