Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Aside from a different band and some new faces, I'm really not seeing a difference. What is the major draw for the Nike version because I'm not seeing it. (unless it's the band and the faces). Really, is that it? You can even run NRC on a Series 2 so even less differentiation.
I suppose it's all about perspective. It costs the exact same as the Series 2, but you get a more unique band, some bonuses watch faces (that I don't particularly care about), and a tiny Nike swoosh on the backside. I see no reason to buy the Series 2 when you can get some little bonuses for the exact same price.

Also, I haven't checked eBay in a couple weeks, but the official Nike watch bands were selling for over $120 a little while ago. Even if you don't care about the Nike watch band, you could still buy the Nike Watch and resell the band to help offset your costs.

Reactions: Night Spring

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I suppose it's all about perspective. It costs the exact same as the Series 2, but you get a more unique band, some bonuses watch faces (that I don't particularly care about), and a tiny Nike swoosh on the backside. I see no reason to buy the Series 2 when you can get some little bonuses for the exact same price.

Also, I haven't checked eBay in a couple weeks, but the official Nike watch bands were selling for over $120 a little while ago. Even if you don't care about the Nike watch band, you could still buy the Nike Watch and resell the band to help offset your costs.

I also expect third party manufacturers to start developing Similar bands to the Nike Band. I don't care for them, but others apparently do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.