Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2015
I bought a non-Apple Smart Watch on Kickstarter (ZeTime) and was wondering how limited are non-AW in general on iOS in terms of the features they can offer in comparison to the AW?

Any developers can chime in with their expertise on this?

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2015
Basically, does it mean a non-AW will be left out from all the Apps and widgets that are designed for the AW?

Is iOS even a good platform for a non-AW SmartWatch?

USAFA2008

Suspended
Dec 1, 2017
I have used Garmin and Fitbit with my iPhone in the past but I am unsure about how the ZeTime would compare to them. Come to think of it I have used a Moto 360 Sport with my iPhone as well.

Reactions: BeefCake 15

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2015
I have used Garmin and Fitbit with my iPhone in the past but I am unsure about how the ZeTime would compare to them. Come to think of it I have used a Moto 360 Sport with my iPhone as well.

I'm wondering if iOS will give these watches a fair ground to unleash more features in their watches like the Apple Watch is capable of doing?

USAFA2008

Suspended
Dec 1, 2017
I'm wondering if iOS will give these watches a fair ground to unleash more features in their watches like the Apple Watch is capable of doing?
I'm not sure. The notifications worked great on all three that I have used. I also have an Apple Watch Series 3 that my wife got me and I don't use most of the features on it. All I really use is the clock fitness tracking and notifications.

Reactions: BeefCake 15
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.