Apple watch or iPad mini 4?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

599 for a base SS is same as buying top of the line iPad mini, 599.

2. hemolyzer macrumors member

3. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I know right... Thanks for being obvious

----------

That's what I was thinking... Would be a tough sell

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think that depends on what you already own. If you owned a 6 Plus, I'd take the Watch over the iPad mini. Would be a tougher sell over the iPad Air though.

6. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

Interesting. iPad would be more useful IMHO than the watch.

If I didn't have either, I'd get the iPad or try to get the $399 watch and older iPad mini

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I have an iPad mini 2 now and a plus, I don't know where would the watch fit in.

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I have an ipad 2. There as a time when I used it everyday without fail, now...I can't remember the last time I picked it up. It helps that I have macbook air I suppose and it's lightweight etc...

but, I use my pebble every day....so to me, the watch is going to be invaluable

9. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

Not for me. I had three iPads (upgrade junkie) finishing with an iPad mini. I never really found a convincing, unique use for them. My current arrangement (MacBook, iPhone 6+) makes much more sense.

10. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

By comparison to the watch - they are still more useful even if you just use them as door wedges!

11. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Ehh? You have an iPad mini and a 6 Plus - not really different in usage and it makes no sense owning both (generally speaking) but on the other hand you see no use case for a completely different device like a watch? Seems like we can't help you.

Get the Apple Watch!!

12. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Over and over again I've seen people on the MacRumors forums state how the Apple Watch is the first new Apple device in years that they haven't been interested in. For me it's a bit opposite in regards the iPad. I've casually wanted one since the iPad was first released, but never enough to actually buy one. On the other hand, I'm super excited about the Watch coming out. My MacBook Pro and iPhone seem to fill most of my browsing/consumption needs at home, but the additional info and convenience on the go during the day from the Watch is far more compelling. I think it just comes down to different lifestyles and needs.

13. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Nah, ipad has much much better Battery life :)

14. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Is this a genuine question, or just a dig at the price? Assuming a genuine question, in the OP's position I would buy the watch, as s/he already has a recent model iPad, adding a new, slightly faster model will do very little to alter the OP's life, while the watch could do so.

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

16. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

I bought a vacuum cleaner with my $599. The iPad just wasn't keeping the place clean.

17. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

I guess the question would be:
    Do you need a watch or a tablet computer. They are different devices and serve different purposes. Now, if you need/want a watch and an iPad that one's a no brainer :p

----------

So, you think a watch is like a tablet computer? :eek:

18. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

I got to the point where I rarely used my iPad Air, and since I got my 6 plus, I haven't touched it once (so it's now in a kid friendly case with games on it). The watch, on the other hand, will probably get used a LOT. For me, the iPad doesn't do much the iPhone can't (unless I want to use a drawing app). The watch will serve a completely different purpose.

19. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

The best way to choose between the Apple watch and the iPad mini 4 is to be able to compare them, and to compare one's usage of them. Comparing how much people use them, the usage of these two items does not vary from person to person. In fact, for the public, these two items are not even used at all.

Hopefully that answers your question. Thanks!

20. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

lol thanks mango

----------

I guess I'll skip the mini 4. I mean I know I'm getting the watch just trying to figure out if I should spend on the 4 as well. The mini 2 is perfectly fine IMO

21. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

You're welcome. You should ask this question in a month, when people with iPads start to use the Apple Watch.

22. mmartinezs macrumors regular

23. ann713 macrumors 65816

24. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Everyone knows that's what microwaves are for!

25. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

Did you really need our help? Especially since you say you know you're getting the watch and your mini is perfectly fine. Save your money.

As an aside, do you find you use your mini much now that you have the 6 Plus? Once I found an acceptable pocket keyboard (WayTools), selling my mini was an easy decision.