Apple Watch runaround

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KateGladstone, May 26, 2015.

1. KateGladstone macrumors member

Read this:

------------
    Date: Friday, May 22, 2015
    Subject: Day 42 (Week 6) since my April 10 pre-order and "4-6 weeks" info — from what date is the "4-6 weeks" calculated?
    To: Julia Ramon <mramon@group.apple.com>, Corey Honeycutt <Choneycutt@apple.com>

Now it's Day 42 (Week 6) since my April 10 pre-order and "4-6 weeks" info — from what date is the "4-6 weeks" calculated?

Date: Friday, May 22, 2015
    Subject: Day 42 (Week 6) since my April 10 pre-order and "4-6 weeks" info — from what date is the "4-6 weeks" calculated?
    To: [name and address suppressed]

Hey Kate,

The 4-6 weeks is from the date of purchase. Have you received any other email notices? Also have you checked your order online https://apple.com/orderstatus ? Please let me know what you see on your end I would like to verify the information.

Regards,
    Corey Honeycutt
    Apple Inc.
    Direct Phone No: 1-800-409-5381 x360181
    Direct Email: choneycutt@apple.com
    -----------------------------------------

The answers at my end were "No," "Yes," and "Here's a screenshot to verify." I'm calling him back in a quarter-hour — as soon as the Apple reps open up — to see what he tells me next.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Which watch did you preorder? And at what time?

3. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

That's gotta be a template.

Why do you have to log in to the Apple website to get details of your Apple order to be able to send Apple information on your order with Apple for Apple to look up details Apple holds about your Apple order so Apple can get back to you.

4. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

I preordered the Apple Sport 42mm with Black Sport Band, at 7:24 AM Eastern Time on April 10 — and did so by phone, in order to use an Apple gift card. Corey Hunnicut was the rep who took my order, though another rep was involved at some point (and gave me a different story: that "the watch will come when it comes").

----------

I have no idea why he asked me to look up info that he also has ... in fact, he's the rep who took my original order, which was by phone so that I could use an Apple gift card.

5. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Get on the blower, it'll be quicker.

Your just at / outside your six week window, so you are in the right here. Make them count it out on a calendar while you talk to them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

7. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

I'm on the phone right now ... I'll keep you posted!

----------

I can't get the original rep ... just someone else who won't so much as commit herself to an objective statement of the time-period elapsed. This is at a firm which designs precision equipment, of course ...

8. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Hmm. Maybe email Corey again see if he'll call you back. Then ask for his manager and ask them to explain the order details you have (it's patronising but leads the conversation) because your understanding is that the quoted times have elapsed and you e not heard anything from Apple. Tell them it's a gift for a birthday this weekend, lol.

Maybe if there's gonna be a missed delivery.....ladies first. Lol.

9. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

I'm talking with another rep now ... SHE heard my tale, took my order-number, and immediately fell silent ... For about 50 seconds, so far ....

----------

Still s...i...l...e...n...t...

Does this sound like anything you've ever heard about? Outside of, say, some bizarre dystopian novel ...

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What? Being on hold for less than a minute?

11. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Sadly yes, I used to work for a mobile phone network in their customer service department. These people are unlikely to have much more information than you have, and probably can't do anything for you, especially with stock of a just released product. That said if you used a gift card they have taken payment so should be able to do something for you. Maybe send you another gift card or something.

12. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

She transferred me to ANOTHER sales-rep, who told me that the 4-6 weeks "is just an estimated period of time, because the only firm information is May 29 through June 11, and all that can really be done is to apologize and hope the watch reaches you more toward the May 29th end of the time-slot than the latter end. I understand where you are coming from, and this is simply a difficult situation where the customer will have to wait."

There was no point in continuing the conversation. If the watch had not been meant as a birthday present for me, I would have considered canceling ... But, by now, I am simply wondering just HOW far and long this can go on ...

----------

I suggested that they do something. They each ignored the remark.

13. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out so far.
    What you gonna do now?

14. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

I wasn't "on hold" ... she,fell silent mid-word WITHOUT saying "let me put you on hold" or "let me transfer you" or any such thing:
    just
    silence.

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ah well, guess you'll just have to keep waiting, no big deal.

16. KateGladstone thread starter macrumors member

I already e-mailed him twice, and cannot reach him OR his manager.
    And I can't claim "Gift for birthday this weekend" because everyone I've talked to at Apple alreadY KNOWS that it was a present for a birthday in MARCH: namely mine: March 19. (My husband had promised me this watch 'way back when Apple had announced it would be out in March — when the pre-order date was announced instead to be April 10, with delivery to begin on the 24th, he asked me if I would still be all right with getting it in late April, and indeed I was ... Neither of us considered whether I'd have to settle for the end of May, let alone well into June: and I have already told the matter to Apple, so I can't now claim something else even if I wanted to lie in return for a watch. I do not want to be the one telling untruths in this circumstance.)

----------

I
    will
    keep
    on
    waiting.

To cancel or modify an order for a long-delayed birthday present — particularly one that he very much wanted to get me — would be crass, as would selling it IF I ever got it.

17. melman101 macrumors 68030

Not to be offensive, or rude or anything, (really just curious) but if it was so important to you, why didn't you order online at 3:14am (eastern) when they opened the store on the web. I know the app didn't take gift cards and was opened first, but the webstore opened around 3:14am. Surely, you would have your watch by now.

I ordered my wife's 38mm Modern Buckle at 3:04am, and it still didn't come till this past Tuesday 5/19.

It's not like you are never going to get it, unlike some items which only come around once.

18. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Happy Birthday :)
    Mine is the 21st, so I'm an Aries you crazy Piscies lol

Yeah lyings not gonna help. We're just gonna have to wait a while longer. It'll all be worth it though. Can't be that long for you now.

19. Apfpilot macrumors regular

Have you emailed the executive support team? Why are you bothering with lower level sales and support? Email tcook@apple.com and someone higher up will get back to you pretty quickly.

20. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

I could understand being upset if you were the only one waiting and everyone else had their watches. That's not the case. You're in the same boat as many others. Sit back and relax. You'll get it when it comes. You've waited this long, what's a little bit longer?

21. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

You're absolutely right. But at the same time, how would you feel if you got to the end of your supposed delivery window with no watch and Apple (or any company) just said "no comment. You'll have to wait longer"

Obviously we'll have to wait and for those that haven't reached their window yet it'll be a longer wait. But Kate has played the game correctly since the watch was announced in Oct and she just wants to know what's going on. Also unlike others she has used a gift card so Apple already has been paid for it, which is a different situation to most of us.

22. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

Why would you want to waste the executive support team's time on this? :eek:

It has been ordered. It will be delivered.

23. b3arclaw macrumors regular

I can't speak for OP on this one, but I'll throw in my 2 cents (unsolicited).
    Part of the reason I use Apple products *is* the support. The fact that Tim Cook answers customers emails? Mind=blown.
    In my mind, I'm dealing with a company who charges a premium price for a quality product and along with it, Apple has themselves set the expectation of premium support. Can you not walk into an Apple retail store and get support for a product? How many products/companies can offer that?

24. rhsmd1 macrumors member

what were the the delivery date windows( not 4-6 week).
    so far apple has been meeting those dates.
    if you are past the dates, then you have something to complain about.
    otherwise it's a waiting game.
    btw. there is NO ON on the other end of the phone or email who can speed up your order.
    suck it up.
    as for a birthday gift issue. well are you an adult or a pre- teen?

25. b3arclaw macrumors regular

According to Apple Support (chat) the window is from the time you ORDERED the watch.
    I'm already past the 5-6 week window and I'm sure OP is also.