Apple watch sales overtake the Swiss watch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Expidia, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

To be more correct, Apple Watch helped the smartwatches to overtake Swiss sales.

I think Q4, Apple sold (according to various sources) 5.1 million while Swiss altogether sold 8.3 million.

2. Expidia thread starter macrumors member

Expidia

Yes, thanks for that correction. I noticed I forgot to add "and others" after I posted it.
    Can't edit it unless a nice mod does it for me.
    Actually, are there really "other" smart watches out there? :)

3. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

LOL...so true. Might as well just say Apple Watch...the rest of the field should be labeled, "Other."

4. Expidia thread starter macrumors member

Expidia

Its pretty amazing that apple might have sold over 5 million pieces from a release date of april 24th 2015. In like 10 months Apple has resurrected the watch (there are no other smartwatch makers, in my mind) many of us with smartphones were no longer wearing watches for years anymore. yet the swiss have been making watches since 1860 (156 years) . . . Now I only take mine off at bedtime.

5. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Actually, Apple may have sold 15+ million AW since April. The 5.1 million was over the last quarter (3 mos)!!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2016 ---
    Charge it at dinner/supper time. Then wear it to sleep.

6. Expidia thread starter macrumors member

Expidia

Wow if the 15 million sales figure is true in 10 months thats amazing!
    Apple is smart to no longer post their watch sales often and lump them into overall sales.
    Their rapid watch sales only give fodder to the knockoffs to go after more of apple's market share.

Its bad enough for apple that introducing the bigger iphone screens 6 and 6S (luv my 6S) have cannibalized their own ipad mini sales.

Interesting article today on whats coming in and going out:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10...d=MW_story_recommended_default&Link=obnetwork

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Suddenly just because Apple makes a watch Apple lovers are obsessed with finding someone to bash. Just like they do Android.

So they target the Swiss made watches which didn't have strong sales long before the Apple Watch. Most people turned to the smartphone to check time and stopped wearing watches.

Apparently to feel good about your Apple Watch one has to feel superior to some other product. Very interesting indeed.

8. Expidia thread starter macrumors member

Expidia

Ya, like I wrote the article regarding Apple watches sales. Please take a pic of your beloved fitbutt or your android smart phone . . . I'd love to see what the fashionable "trolls" are wearing today . . .

9. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Actually, 2014 was a record breaking year for Swiss.

Maybe you should get your facts straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.