Apple Watch Sales Tank...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NachoGrande, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Looks like people share the same sentiment as me. The watch is useless....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-watch-may-not-be-ticking-with-customers-2015-07-07

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

20,000 a day is still over 7 million a year, which isn't too bad for a brand new product in just one country.

I think Apple should be quite happy if they can sell between 2-3 times that for the first year's global sales.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

20,000 a day. Of a new, expensive product.

If they were all the cheapest watch that's US$7 million in revenue a day. US$2.5b in revenue per year.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Erroneous conclusion. New iPhone sales also "tank" over time as launch day buyers (which represent the majority of customers) get them.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I wish my company could have failures like this!:p

If the watch was a complete failure Apple will still be a great company. I am betting it will be just fine and they will see watch sales remain steady and even increase with 2.0 and Christmas!

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

If they sell more in the first year than the iPhone originally sold then that would be a resounding success.

This is not the same category as the iPhone, it doesn't solve a problem people didn't know they had like the iPhone did. That problem being "I don't have the whole of the internet in my pocket."

It's a personal luxury rather than something people would consider a need. In terms of ranking as far as the "I need this" mindset goes it's probably:

1. Phone
    2. Computer
    3. Stacks of other things
    4. iPad
    5. Huge stack of even more things
    6. Apple Watch

7. NachoGrande thread starter macrumors 6502a

What I see is people are not being wow'd by it in person. When I saw the iPhone in person I said wow. With the watch I say what can it do without my iPhone. ... Tell time. The sales are currently well below 20k and while 2b is sales sounds like a lot. Apple is worth .75 trillion and they doesn't cut it.

8. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

The numbers, if accurate, might seem low for an Apple product. But I don't think they are that bad for a first gen, luxury item that no one really needs.
    Even at the lowest estimates they would still be selling over 3.5 million a year, not taking into account the millions they will have sold at launch. That's actually pretty damn good for the smart watch category in general.

9. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Good. If everyone had an Apple Watch I'd probably have to get something else.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

That's quite the criteria you have for purchasing something.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I stopped reading at "According to a new market research report". No one knows the numbers until Apple releases them first hand. Its all speculation and at this point is kind of pointless to do so.

12. NachoGrande thread starter macrumors 6502a

they are mostly accurate

And this tells the whole story.

13. Newtons Apple, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Who is "they"? Market researchers work for someone and likely have an anti Apple agenda.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Or.. They are waiting until their Q3 sales report at the end of the month, so it contains all of Q3 sales?

15. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Watch has some Version 1 issues but I wouldn't give mine up, I get plenty of value and pleasure from mine.

Still amazes me how many people come to this Apple Watch forum to post how much they don't like the Watch and would never buy one.

I don't like French food but I sure as hell don't spend *any* time on the French food forums telling people how much I don't like their food choices.

Get a life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.