Apple Watch Screen Issue/stain

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bram.96, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Bram.96 macrumors member

Bram.96

Hey everyone,

I have this weird stain on my generation 0 Apple Watch SS.
    As you can see on the picture, it spreads across the entire watch.
    It is on the surface on the watch, because when i put some water on it, the water doesn't stick to the spot where this blemish is, it goes around it.
    Could this be the oleophobic coating and if so, does anyone know how I can remove it? Has anyone else had this issue?

Attached Files:

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Looks like it could be the oleophobic coating. Just use isopropyl alcohol and a micro fiber. It will likely take a few times but it will remove it.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Is this the same stain from the thread you started back in April on your Apple Watch?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-watch-sapphire-wears-stain.2043156/

4. Bram.96 thread starter macrumors member

Bram.96

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Have you tried the microfiber cloth, warm water/isopropyl alcohol advice as the other member suggested?

6. Bram.96 thread starter macrumors member

Bram.96

I have tried the microfiber cloth with warm water, but that didn't seem to help. I've also tried some nail polish remover that my girlfriend had, but I'm not sure if that's the same substance as the alcohol. I have considered using something like a steel brush to see if that might help. Since it's sapphire, it shouldn't get scratched right?

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Sapphire can scratch actually. But I would not suggest a steel brush at all not knowing the outcome of that method. I know you mentioned you don't have an Apple store near you, but I would suggest contacting Apple if you can and see what they determine.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It is clearly on the surface and not water in the watch. Even the smallest amount of water inside the watch will damage the screen. Be careful with the nail polish remover, it is acetone.