Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
So your advice then, leave the country on product launch day for a better order experience? ;-)

Which country would you recommend for a nice comfortable 9-10am order time?
Definitely a better option to travel every year on pre-order day.
But no seriously, it was just nice that I was able to wake up, have my coffee and casually order vs the years past where it was fighting to stay up to 2am and then trying to get back to sleep to then wake back up in 3 hours.
And going to sleep early to wake up and order then back to sleep, never works so I would typically suck it up on pre-order night.

Which country?
I'm in Italy at the moment. Venice.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
EA386757-273A-4034-8596-B14A21367DD8.jpeg

Took me just a few minutes to order both Apple TV boxes I wanted. Oddly unsatisfying though once I purchased it though. As I have been so used to being excited to wake up and buy the iPhone every year around this time. :(

Last edited:

MacBlueM

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2016
Just ordered: Apple Watch Hermès (GPS + Cellular), 42-mm Stainless Steel Case with Ébène Barenia Leather Single Tour Deployment Buckle

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
Man, sport with cellular costs less than my series 2 sports from last year. That’s the nature of technological improvements, I guess.

Luckily you can get the cellular version. I'm stuck with only non-cellular which means no stainless steel or ceramic versions at all in my country. It's a real letdown, I don't want the sport/aluminium and it's a real downer that we loose the sole purpose of the Series 3, which is cellular..

Reactions: Erik.f

virbing

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
Got into the store at 12:02 on the Apple Store app. Purchased 38mm (I have small wrists) Space Gray AW3 + LTE with AppleCare (I broke my AW2 about 6 weeks ago) using ApplePay. Done by 12:04. Pickup on the 22nd in Santa Monica.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Luckily you can get the cellular version. I'm stuck with only non-cellular which means no stainless steel or ceramic versions at all in my country. It's a real letdown, I don't want the sport/aluminium and it's a real downer that we loose the sole purpose of the Series 3, which is cellular..

I must confess I misread the article. The price isn’t cheaper, nor is the LTE version available in my country (Singapore).

Guess I don’t feel so bad now about my series 2 watch...

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
Grabbed the S3 Watch through Verizon (my credit card gives bonus points on charges to wireless providers and ISPs) quite smoothly, if you're having trouble seeing it you have to browse their Apple products - it doesn't show up on the landing page - still says enter your e-mail for updates.

PS: I still think $10/mo is outrageous.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
ordered the apple tv. almost forgot about it, but it was still easily available just now. (switzerland)

went for the 32GB version, since all i do is stream stuff. and i already got game consoles for gaming.

yvette777

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2017
ATT is 10 a month extra I thought. Where did you hear 40!?
I ordered the same watch without cellular, as the site was down I tried to order it from att and they would charge me an extra 40 per month to add to my plan .... so I am confident that it was the right choice for me as I even thought $10 per month extra Osborne a lot .... let alone 40 extra per month

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I must confess I misread the article. The price isn’t cheaper, nor is the LTE version available in my country (Singapore).

Guess I don’t feel so bad now about my series 2 watch...

I don't really understand the logic behind releasing the cellular in such a limited amount of countries.. I can understand why the Series 0 / first gen was released in a limited amount of countries. Like most first generation products you need time to scale production, test the market etc..

But this is gen.3. And you have the biggest leap in feature for the watch only available in a tiny selection of countries? And you also eliminate both the stainless steel and ceramic SKU's for everyone else as those only come in cellular? Like come on..

Json81

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012
42mm Nike+ with delivery October 9th.
Was spamming to get in, they slipped fast.
Oh well, what's 4 days extra.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I personally confirmed with the Apple Store app. App generally comes up before the online store.

Yeah. I knew that too. So I attempted to purchase 2 ATV 4Ks via the app as soon as it showed up there. But it did not go well for me on the app. I persisted for about 10 minutes with the app and the order for some reason could not be completed. But after about 10 minutes it then showed up on the website too. So I ordered them successsfully there instead and am lucky that I have a delivery date of Sept. 22 now that delivery dates are starting to slip.

Still don't know why the app didn't work properly.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
I ordered the same watch without cellular, as the site was down I tried to order it from att and they would charge me an extra 40 per month to add to my plan .... so I am confident that it was the right choice for me as I even thought $10 per month extra Osborne a lot .... let alone 40 extra per month

40 is outrageous. I spoke to a friend who works at ATT and they stated it solely a 10 fee and they wave the activation fee. We also have Speint in my house and it’s the same, except Sprint is offering 3 months free trial, so no fee for 3 billing cycles. Personally, if I buy three less beers at the bar or three less coffees, it makes up the price for me so I went for it. You only live once, just my opinion.

Bolt1982

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013
Just ordered a series 3 aluminium with lte and 4k atv for the 22nd. Now all thats left is to wait for the preorder of the iphone 10.
you can get the wireless charging now, via apple, I did so I know I have it ahead of the iPhone x

Bolt1982

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013

Alongside the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus, the Apple Watch Series 3 and the Apple TV 4K are now available for pre-order from Apple's online storefront and through the Apple Store app.

First wave launch countries for the Apple Watch Series 3 include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UK, the US and US Virgin Islands.

applewatchseries3-800x194.jpg

The LTE Apple Watch Series 3 models are only available for purchase in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, the UK and the US, as those are the only countries where Apple Watch cellular service is supported at this time.

The new Apple Watch Hermès models are available for pre-order in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, the UK and the US, while Apple Watch Nike+ pre-orders are being accepted in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, the UK and the US.

Supplies of the Apple Watch Series 3 could potentially be limited, so customers interested in launch-day delivery should order as soon as possible. In addition to a new LTE option, the Apple Watch Series 3 features a faster processor, a new W2 wireless chip, and better battery life.

The earliest pre-orders placed today for the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE and non-LTE models and the Apple Watch Series 3 Hermès models will deliver on Friday, September 22, while Nike+ models will be available starting on October 5.

As for the new Apple TV 4K, which offers 4K HDR connectivity for the first time, Apple has not provided a specific list of countries where it will be available for pre-order so presumably it will be available in all countries where the fourth-generation Apple TV is sold. Apple TV 4K orders placed today will ship out on Friday, September 22.

appletv4k-800x630.jpg

Apple Watch Series 3 pricing starts at $329 for the non-LTE model and $399 for the LTE model, with prices going up based on case material, size, and band. Apple TV 4K pricing starts at $179 for the 32GB model.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K Now Available for Pre-Order
Pre ordered Apple Watch with cellular in Canada and bingo September 22nd delivery, plus ordered my wireless charger so it won't sell out ahead of the iPhoneX pre order

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
40 is outrageous. I spoke to a friend who works at ATT and they stated it solely a 10 fee and they wave the activation fee. We also have Speint in my house and it’s the same, except Sprint is offering 3 months free trial, so no fee for 3 billing cycles. Personally, if I buy three less beers at the bar or three less coffees, it makes up the price for me so I went for it. You only live once, just my opinion.
Sprint, Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile all waive setup fee and offer 3 months free service.

They are also all $10/mo for the service.

Pre ordered Apple Watch with cellular in Canada and bingo September 22nd delivery, plus ordered my wireless charger so it won't sell out ahead of the iPhoneX pre order
Which wireless charger do you expect to sell out? There are tons of Qi chargers available all over the internet and in retail stores, you are not limited to the two that Apple are selling right now (and the two they are selling are quite expensive and not particularly good). Apple's first party "AirPower" pad will not come out until some time next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaeb0922

u2risky

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Apple TV 4K, bought at 12:06 PDT for Sep 22nd delivery using apple store app.

Nike apple watch series 3, 4-6 weeks with the band I wanted; order from my PC.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I don't really understand the logic behind releasing the cellular in such a limited amount of countries.. I can understand why the Series 0 / first gen was released in a limited amount of countries. Like most first generation products you need time to scale production, test the market etc..

But this is gen.3. And you have the biggest leap in feature for the watch only available in a tiny selection of countries? And you also eliminate both the stainless steel and ceramic SKU's for everyone else as those only come in cellular? Like come on..
Remember, it requires the cooperation of the cell carriers...

Reactions: jhfenton
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.