Apple Watch Series 4: Not as good as everyone says

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mraccountname, Dec 27, 2018.

1. nepatriot macrumors newbie

nepatriot

Include me! Notifications are what attracted me to the series 4. My hearing is not so good, and getting worse. I noticed I've been missing calls and other notifications on my iPhone X, either when in my pocket, or on my desk when I've stepped away.

I went to the Apple store before 2 weeks before xmas to get air pods, and ask what I can do to improve notifications. The guy I worked with checked out phone settings, and we made some adjustments that improved sound and vibrations. I had some things off, and some notification sounds were mild and short. Much better than when I walked in. Then he had me walk around the store, phone in pocket, while he got my receipt iPods.

Unbeknown to me, what he actually did is send me several texts and called a few times. I noticed the last call. The store was fairly noisy.

He had done all he could, so we said good bye. I stopped at the AW counter on the way out, just out of curiosity, and over heard several customers my age talking about the watch and notifications. One thing led to another, and I bought one to try out.

The enhancement of notifications via both wrist tap and the speaker up near your upper body vs in pants pocket does make a significant difference for some of us. For work, that benefit alone can be extremely valuable, and justify the GPS watch.

I'm finding myself wearing it more than I thought I would, beyond just work hours. The ability to simply talk has improved my response to texts, which I had always treated as distant second to emails or a phone call. My response rate to texts had been abysmal. Now I can keep up with my daughter and son, my sister, etc. So convenient!

I can see the possibilities, so much so that I decided to go all-in, and trade the GPS for a SS. Planning to activate the cellular as well.

2. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Oddly, I just noticed that my Series 4 screen doesn't turn off when I cover it, either. There's got to be a setting that I'm missing.

3. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

Yeah I love my S4, especially because of the extra screen real estate.