Apple Watch Series 4 or AirPods?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by innoutlover01, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You’re entitled to your opinion, but one of Apple’s best selling accessories with the AirPods would hardly be classified in the manner you’re describing, in which actually, you didn’t decsribe anything at all.

2. wba1990 macrumors regular

wba1990

Personally for myself it’d be the watch

But I guess it depends on your needs, if you listen to music a lot throughout the day and used your AirPods multiple times a day get them

But the watch is a fantastic experience

3. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

Hey if you follow people blindly then that’s on you. I personally favor sound quality and look over anything. I couldn’t buy something that looks like tampons in my ears and that sounds bad for 150$.

4. innoutlover01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for the feedback. I have decided to go with the watch and just use my wired EarPods.

It works out cuz my work has benefits to working out and tracking my exercises.

5. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

You say he follows people blindly!? How come? Please elaborate.

The EarPods don't look other then normal AirPods sans the cable. So why are those tampons if they are lacking the little pull line? Im not saying you're wrong but you maybe used the wrong analogy. And you're male that's for sure.

6. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I have a stainless steel Series 4 which I love BUT...

I’d recommend the Series 3 AND the AirPods. The Series 4 doesn’t really do much that the Series 3 can’t do. It just has a bigger screen. And even the current AirPods are just sooooo nice.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think this was the better purchase for you, and the reason I say that, version two of the AirPods are likely to be expected in 2019, and this would give you the benefit of enjoying the latest Apple Watch, while not purchasing the current AirPods that might be updated relatively sooner than later, being those are not refreshed annually like the Apple Watch has been.

8. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

It's the smarter move to wait for the new AirPods. But - I believe that the AirPods update is the same day as the new watch is presented. To update the charging box doesn't necessarily mean to update the whole product. But we will know it when the AirPower mat happens.

9. DNAppleGold macrumors 6502

I love both products but I think you made the right choice as AW 4 will provide so much extra utility for your fitness routine. You can always grab a cheep set of wireless earphones if you find the wired EarPods a drag.

10. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

because the only people I see with them I've talked to say the sound quality is just ok. I don't understand the fascination with them. The wired EarPods are the same yes but without the wires it just looks weird to me. I prefer sound quality over everything. I see these as a fashion statement for people. Not a good one

11. yui4, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019

yui4 macrumors 6502a

I’ll look into them as I need a new pair of earphones myself
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    I agree fully. I have both 3 and 4 in SS SB and maybe I don’t use the 4 to its full capability but I find the series 3 to still be a very relevant device even after being out for 12 months

12. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

If you prefer sound quality over everything else then AirPods or EarPods are not for you. However, I love the convenience of them as everyday headphones. Listening to music or podcasts during my commute to work or at the gym without the hassles of cables. Having them in my ear while working and quickly be able to pause the sound just by taking them out of my ear when someone comes up to me, being able to rewind and forward just by taps etc are all convenience that I like everyday. Plus not to forget the microphone on them is solid. People can hear me crystal clear even when I’m walking on a very busy and noisy road.

Let’s put it this way - if I forget my  Watch one day, I won’t worry about it at all but if I forget to take the AirPods, I’ll definitely miss them every hour.

13. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

I do love bluetooth earbuds but I prefer sealed memory foam tips for sound quality. I dont like people talking to me in the gym anyway but I can pause and change tracks just fine with all the jaybird ones ive had over the years. Only reason I see these as being convenient is one ear listening and not sealing in your ear for sound quality so you can just take them out easily. Still not for me. I love the ones I have and dont mind a cable behind my head. Much better than wired versions of the past.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don’t think I have ever encountered one person who purchased the AirPods for the sound, they purchased them for the convenience of how well they communicate with the iPhone/pairing/W1 Chip. For the record, the sound quality on the AirPods really isn’t _that_ bad, as a matter fact, for what they offer, they’re surprisingly loud and have fairly crisp audio given their main functionality is delivered though Siri.

15. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

I'm sorry for further carrying this of topic but please don't compare apples to oranges. I know its personal preference in the end and AirPods are solid sounding bluetooth in-ear headphones!
    I also have wired 3 driver in-ears (UE triple.fi 10) which are better in every way but - waaaaay bulkier and wired and more expensive.
    AirPods are meant to please the majority of music enthusiasts in the (low to) mid price segment and they do with a compact sound to the ears. Very linear without preferring bass or low mids. They are not closed up like all the rubberized (or foamed) in-ears that's why the sound is more open and not as punchy. I enjoy them every day. Everyone who says that they sound bad just doesn't have the ears for sound or simply tries to compare an open sound experience to a closed experience.

16. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

I used to have in ear Bluetooth headphones like yours as well. Since getting the AirPods I don’t miss them though.