Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new Apple Watch Series 7 (2021) this September?

• Total voters

suresk

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2021
Still sitting in "Preparing to Ship" for a week now and no UPS label created. Anyone know how long it typically is in that state?

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
So over the weekend I somehow scratched my screen while hanging Christmas Lights - I even had a winter coat on.

I ordered screen protectors and a Spigen rugged bumper case to protect my Watch until I upgrade in 2 more years. Unfortunately 2 of the scratches are deep enough that they still show up under the screen protector. I have no idea how it could have gotten all scratched up - the only thing I can think of is that grit from the shingles got between the screen and my coat though I can't believe it would have made such deep scratches.

Super disappointed that my screen scratched in a about a month while my Fitbit (with a plastic screen) that I've had for 2 years doesn't have a scratch in it.

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
So over the weekend I somehow scratched my screen while hanging Christmas Lights - I even had a winter coat on.

I ordered screen protectors and a Spigen rugged bumper case to protect my Watch until I upgrade in 2 more years. Unfortunately 2 of the scratches are deep enough that they still show up under the screen protector. I have no idea how it could have gotten all scratched up - the only thing I can think of is that grit from the shingles got between the screen and my coat though I can't believe it would have made such deep scratches.

Super disappointed that my screen scratched in a about a month while my Fitbit (with a plastic screen) that I've had for 2 years doesn't have a scratch in it.
Awe that’s really disappointing which version of the watch do you have?

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013

I will have to say that the screen on the Ti models (edition I guess) is really nice....I wear it all the time, and knock on wood, no scratches....yard work, basic car maint, work outs.....

The only time I've not worn it is when playing volleyball...or playing around at the beach.

What kinda Watch? Is it an Aluminum watch?

I will have to say that the screen on the Ti models (edition I guess) is really nice....I wear it all the time, and knock on wood, no scratches....yard work, basic car maint, work outs.....

The only time I've not worn it is when playing volleyball...or playing around at the beach.
I agree it is very durable. The material is hard and can take extreme hits without any damages.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Finally delivered yesterday and I love it already. My first Apple Watch!! Ordered 10-15, first del dates 12-1 to 12-8, but delivered yesterday afternoon 11/23. Only took 4 days from shipped to delivered!!!

Congratulations on your first AW! Enjoy!

I have to say this is my 8th AW, and I was on the fence about even ordering because coming from a 6 most people said it wasn’t compelling. It turned out my oldest daughter wanted my 6, so I decided to upgrade. I have really enjoyed it. I find the screen difference to be noticeable enough that it makes it more enjoyable to use.

For several years I’ve toyed with getting the larger watch, and I feel like with this one, I have the best of both worlds.

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
Awe that’s really disappointing which version of the watch do you have?

What kinda Watch? Is it an Aluminum watch?
Yeah I have an Aluminum watch. I was concerned this might happen going the Aluminum route but the price bump to get the Sapphire screen was more that I could afford.

square-mouse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2021
TITANIUM APPLE WATCH WITH MILANESE STEEL BAND IS HERE!!!

My new precious titanium ⌚️ is finally here! 😈 It is so premium and exclusive. It feels very expensive. I really can’t stress this enough. It is hard to explain. You have to experience it yourself.

I know I’m late… I’m sorry if it was a little delayed… Yes, it was a little delayed. However, I did everything I could under my power to have my watch as soon as possible. Rest assured the Apple Watch ⌚️ was promised a delivery date of October 26th. However, it has finally arrived today. I do want to thank all of you for sticking around here and especially for all the people who waited with me with the Apple Watch. I know who you are. Enjoy the pictures :)

View attachment 1871651

View attachment 1871650

View attachment 1871652

View attachment 1871653

View attachment 1871654

View attachment 1871655

View attachment 1871656

View attachment 1871684

If you are still waiting for your Apple Watch to arrive. Hang in there. As days are passing by, it will be here soon. You will be amazed. Good luck and safe travels 🙏
Got exactly the same watch and strap combo. Very beautiful but...
After I took them out of the box and put the strap on them and just put them on the table, I noticed some scratches on the sensor. Then I didn’t know yet that the strap could scratch them and decided to make sure that it wasn’t so. I touched the strap and the sensor became magnetized, slipped a little forward without pressing them and got a lot of new scratches, it feels like you are cutting butter with a sharp knife.
I'm not worried about scratches on the sensor but decided to ditch the Milanese Loop anyway. When removing them from the watch, they touched the display and left a bunch of small scratches in a row after which I went with Apple Store, returned them and ordered a new watch.
These are small scratches and you can live with them if you get them with active use after some time, but in my case, I didn't even turn on the power.
I can confirm the titanium case is not scratched at all, but it does not matter anymore, since it does not protect the display that gets touched with external things first and gets scratched.

Got exactly the same watch and strap combo. Very beautiful but...
After I took them out of the box and put the strap on them and just put them on the table, I noticed some scratches on the sensor. Then I didn’t know yet that the strap could scratch them and decided to make sure that it wasn’t so. I touched the strap and the sensor became magnetized, slipped a little forward without pressing them and got a lot of new scratches, it feels like you are cutting butter with a sharp knife.
I'm not worried about scratches on the sensor but decided to ditch the Milanese Loop anyway. When removing them from the watch, they touched the display and left a bunch of small scratches in a row after which I went with Apple Store, returned them and ordered a new watch.
These are small scratches and you can live with them if you get them with active use after some time, but in my case, I didn't even turn on the power.
I can confirm the titanium case is not scratched at all, but it does not matter anymore, since it does not protect the display that gets touched with external things first and gets scratched.
Wow! I'm sorry you experienced that.

With the titanium watch. I'm always very careful. While you are putting it on and taking it off. You cannot use it roughly. Now if the sensors were scratches that's not normal at all. Maybe it was just a bad batch. When I remove the Milanese Loop it does not touch the display. I just remove it very carefully. I've had the watch for a while not and I have not seen a single scratch. The key is to be careful with it while putting it on and removing it. You are also welcome to apply the screen protector on the Apple watch.

The titanium casing itself is very durable. It can handle extreme impacts. It's very lightweight and a strong metal. Perhaps invest some money in these?

LK 6 Pack Screen Protector Compatible with Apple Watch Series 7 45mm [New Version] Anti-Scratch, Bubble-free, HD Transparent Self-Healing Flexible TPU Film for iWatch 45mm

LK 6 Pack Apple Watch Screen Protector Compatible with Apple Watch Series 7 41mm, Advanced TPU Materials, Self-Healing Feature, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Glare, Crystal Clear, iWatch 7 41mm Screen Protector

Good luck :)

Reactions: square-mouse

square-mouse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2021
Wow! I'm sorry you experienced that.

With the titanium watch. I'm always very careful. While you are putting it on and taking it off. You cannot use it roughly. Now if the sensors were scratches that's not normal at all. Maybe it was just a bad batch. When I remove the Milanese Loop it does not touch the display. I just remove it very carefully. I've had the watch for a while not and I have not seen a single scratch. The key is to be careful with it while putting it on and removing it. You are also welcome to apply the screen protector on the Apple watch.

The titanium casing itself is very durable. It can handle extreme impacts. It's very lightweight and a strong metal. Perhaps invest some money in these?

LK 6 Pack Screen Protector Compatible with Apple Watch Series 7 45mm [New Version] Anti-Scratch, Bubble-free, HD Transparent Self-Healing Flexible TPU Film for iWatch 45mm

LK 6 Pack Apple Watch Screen Protector Compatible with Apple Watch Series 7 41mm, Advanced TPU Materials, Self-Healing Feature, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Glare, Crystal Clear, iWatch 7 41mm Screen Protector

Good luck :)
Thank you!:) It would be great if I knew earlier and used them very carefully. I know that sapphire is very durable and I didn’t think that it could get scratched just by soft touching with steel, maybe it’s because of the magnet, I don’t know.
I have been using aluminum apple watches for several years, there were no scratches on them and I was very pleased with their use, so I decided to buy a more expensive model and was not much disappointed. Nevertheless, I chose a leather strap and I am happy with it now.:)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Well I ended up returning the graphite. Ordered SBTi couple days ago and is already Preparing for Shipment as of today. Hopefully it will ship soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.