Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy has a flash sale today offering $100 off select models of the Apple Watch Series 9, including both GPS and cellular models. These record low discounts are available to all shoppers and don't require a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership.

apple-watch-9-january.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 9, you can get this model for $299.00, down from $399.00. This one is available in Silver Aluminum with Winter Blue Sport Loop and Pink Aluminum with Light Pink Sport Loop.

Secondly, Best Buy has the 45mm GPS Apple Watch Series 9 for $329.00, down from $429.00. Colors on sale include Midnight Aluminum with Midnight Sport Band and Pink Aluminum with Light Pink Sport Band. These models are only available in the Small/Medium size; if you want an adjustable Sport Loop paired with a 45mm Series 9 those are also available in Midnight and Pink.

The only cellular model on sale at Best Buy today is the 45mm Apple Watch Series 9 for $429.00, down from $529.00. You can get this model in the Midnight Aluminum with Midnight Sport Loop, and you can choose from an unlocked model or activation via AT&T or Verizon.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 9 Hits Record Low Prices Today Only at Best Buy, Starting at $299

Jordan Klein

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2016
This sucks. I'd consider upgrading my series 4, but I'd then have to upgrade iOS from 15.7 to 17.4, which I have no desire to do right now. I'd also then have to update macOS to probably at least Ventura, if not Sonoma, again, which I have no desire to do right now.

So, going to continue with the series 4 for now. Fortunately, the battery life is still all day for me.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
This sucks. I'd consider upgrading my series 4, but I'd then have to upgrade iOS from 15.7 to 17.4, which I have no desire to do right now. I'd also then have to update macOS to probably at least Ventura, if not Sonoma, again, which I have no desire to do right now.
Dude. You're missing out on all the fun.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
I'm wondering if sales have slowed due to the blood oxygen removal?
No one cares about the O2 except those who want make some kind of point. Apple no longer advertises the feature, no longer lists it as part of the series 9 and Ultra models. No one even asks about it anymore on the Apple Discussion Community forums.

Of course people can read anything they want to into price discounts. Even Walmart is selling the M1 MacBook Air for $699 so the “Apple is failing” cabal can tout something like this as proof. Whatever.

TheLinkster

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2001
I guess everyone forgot that Apple never sought O2 medical device approval from the FDA or others, so what you really have is a cool party trick.

Reactions: nt5672

repoman016

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
Ohio
No one cares about the O2 except those who want make some kind of point. Apple no longer advertises the feature, no longer lists it as part of the series 9 and Ultra models. No one even asks about it anymore on the Apple Discussion Community forums.

Of course people can read anything they want to into price discounts. Even Walmart is selling the M1 MacBook Air for $699 so the “Apple is failing” cabal can tout something like this as proof. Whatever.
I don't think its specifically about the sensor itself, its that they lied to consumers and are now disabling features people already paid for. At that point, it doesn't matter if they use it or not. They're being swindled and told that its OK (because you never use it, right?).

Reactions: nt5672

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
Since they removed the only new feature it is really no different that Series 8. Why pay more.

I don't think its specifically about the sensor itself, its that they lied to consumers and are now disabling features people already paid for. At that point, it doesn't matter if they use it or not. They're being swindled and told that its OK (because you never use it, right?).
But the watches linked in the post are the ones with the blood oxygen monitoring?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I have thought about upgrading my Series 4 but it is a stainless steel space black which is not available anymore and I replaced my battery 15 months ago so it is still going strong. I guess I could want more screen space and always on display but I'm not sure what actual features I'd be missing out on, and after waiting this long, I'm probably holding off until the 10/X to get a new model. The only pause I have at that is that the 10/X is rumored to be the first change in band methodology and I don't love the idea of losing all my current bands. That said I'll probably buy a 9 within days of the new announcement, knowing if the changes are too big an issue I'll keep it, or I'll return it unopened and get the next release.

Reactions: Jordan Klein

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around

So, going to continue with the series 4 for now. Fortunately, the battery life is still all day for me.
You realize you are missing A LOT of security updates?

I get waiting a month or so, but I don’t get this at all.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Probably slightly slower sales due to Massimo patent, but also clearing out stock for the AW10.

And of course, if you can find a cheaper AW7, you’re not missing out much.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I thought it was just new purchases so if you already own one, you can use the feature?

iLuddite

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2023

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

APPLE WATCHES DON’T NEED BLOOD OXYGEN SENSORS

• Disagree
Reactions: freedomlinux

cawgijoe

macrumors regular
May 23, 2017
Virginia

Not trying to make any kind of point...I do like the 02 sensor on my 7. Would not stop me from buying a new watch however and hope it comes back for those who want it. Just curious as to why the large discount.

Reactions: Jovijoker

gatorvet96

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2016
My Series 6 is still working great. Want to see something compelling for me to upgrade. I do get a new iPhone every year but watch is much less useful for me. I get about 4-5 years between iPad Pro upgrades as well (though will be tempted with landscape camera and OLED)

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA

I’m curious, what is the battery health at now? My wife is just starting to complain about the battery life on her Series 4.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
My series 4 is starting to show its age on Watch OS 10.... it burns through battery like crazy doing anything. A real night and day experience since Watch OS 9. I didn't upgrade for a while for that reason..

Series 9 is so tempting and this is a great deal... but I may wait and see what's in store for the SE variant this summer... its all I need really 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.