Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I'm thinking of ordering the spigen stand.

For those that have it, (in your opinion) how sturdy is it?

Some reviews I've read indicates it's quite light & there are some minor worries about it not being hefty enough.

Thanks.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK

Some reviews I've read indicates it's quite light & there are some minor worries about it not being hefty enough.

Thanks.

personally i think its very good for the money. and pretty sturdy (watch sport)

Dave

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
^^^^

Thanks! I've been using that case it came in, but would prefer to have a stand, so I'm thinking I'll go with spigen.

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space

Thanks.

It's very close to the quality of the Elago stands that I have for my phone & iPad. I was originally going for the Nomad, but the delay, questionable quality and price made me cancel.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

HowlinAl

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
I'm not a big commercial outfit or an internet startup. I am a long-time watch guy who has sold a specific product as a side business since 1996. I hope that it's OK to post here... so here goes:

Here is the much-sought-after Haerie Halifax stainless-steel watch display stand.

Wow, this is sexy. Best I've seen yet. Saved eBay seller.

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
The Twelve South Hi-Rise for :apple:Watch went on sale yesterday for people that signed up to their mailing list. I'm in the UK but I ordered one. Can't wait for it to arrive!

roddenshaw

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
My Spigen stand arrived this morning. No writing on the top of the base (hooray).

I have deliberately recessed the magsafe charger slightly so that the body of the watch touches the rubberised surface, thus is held in place.

IMG_3140.jpg
IMG_3141.jpg

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I received my Spigen stand this morning . Its great ! Very well made , very sturdy at a terrific price .
The writing is on the top but I really don't care ;)

Chaka Jon

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Palm Springs
Got my Spigen too (from Amazon). Not bad for $20. I still may get the HiRise, and if I do, I'll leave this at my partner's place.

(I had also ordered an extra cable 1m so there's less cord clutter on my desk).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 223

James Baldwin

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Seconding! I really hope this gets funded!

Also funded, I do hope they make their goal

Me too! I've cancelled 2 other watch stand orders in the hope of getting this one!!

Do your best to spread the word chaps, they aren't too far off and all it needs is for it to go a bit "viral" and they are at their goal. This is by FAR the best duel stand out there so far.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I got my 2x Spigen Stands in today from Amazon, and they have the printing on the underside, which is good. They are quite light, though. Lighter than I thought they would be given people's impressions. A tad disappointing, but for $16.99 shipped each I'm not going to kvetch too much.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I got my 2x Spigen Stands in today from Amazon, and they have the printing on the underside, which is good. They are quite light, though. Lighter than I thought they would be given people's impressions. A tad disappointing, but for $16.99 shipped each I'm not going to kvetch too much.

Same on all counts. Got mine x 2. Very quick shipping from Amazon, they actually arrived on 5/12 after an initial estimate of 5/14-5/22. Writing underneath (although I could have cared less about that. Very light, but sturdy enough for the watch. Very adequate for <20$.

AppJohn

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2015
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Cheap Stand

I just received this stand, only got it because it was so cheap. I got it for half off (by purchasing a band with it) so I only had to pay $5.50 Canadian! It appears the seller has now raised the price on it though, because it is now listed for $19.99 (bought it on Amazon.ca from seller 'JETech').

My review: The cord keeps popping out of the channel so I had to put a zip tie around it to hold it in and I also added a bit of Velcro to the bottom of the apple mag charger to keep that from popping out. Otherwise it works fine and does have a bit of weight to it so it does not fall over. I would NOT recommend this at the current full price, but for $5.50 you really can't go wrong!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 193

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
I have been hunting around for a good dock for my Apple Watch and have noticed that many of the designs require the Apple Watch to be suspended by the magnet charger.

This basically means the charger needs to be able to hold the weight of the Apple Watch. I am not sure about your charger, but I have noticed that the watch is generally too heavy to hold it's own weight.

If I try to lift my watch (42mm Stainless Steel with Sport Band) off the table using the charger only it tends to fall off. This would make the use of many of the docks a bit difficult.

I know many of the docks rest at an angle which would alleviate the problem, but docks like the Fuze Dock http://fuzdesigns.com/products/fuz-dock-for-apple-watch might have problems.

I like the Fuze Dock, but am not sure if it would work. I have emailed Fuze for comments and will post back what they say here.

Thoughts?

Fuz Dock looks pretty cool and simple which is what I'm after. Did they come back to you?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Now on my second watch stand

I wanted a temporary, inexpensive watch stand in black that would match my MacPro so I ordered the BDCC Apple Watch Dock Stand (Black):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WJIHQ4Y

but I have returned it because:

1) The reinforced portion of the cable goes almost to the edge so there is no way to bend the cable as shown in the picture. The picture doesn't show this reinforcement. It is impossible to bend the cable as shown in the picture unless you want to take the risk of breaking it.

2) Consequently the cable doesn't stay in the top portion of the channel and keeps popping out of the bottom part.

3) There is a logo on the front of the stand, not in the back where it should be. Again not shown in the picture.

4) Once I removed the protective tape around the edges of the charger my 42 mm Stainless charger fit right in.

5) The finish is nice. Assuming that it is plastic it is surprisingly heavy. Price is reasonable.

So I have pre-ordered the Griffin WatchStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UIJ209M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

what I really like about it is:

1) it handles the extra long watch charging cord internally

https://store.griffintechnology.com/watchstand

2) it also will handle an iPhone (well, just a notch for it)

Attachments

• IMG_4857 cropped.jpg
    IMG_4857 cropped.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 180
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.