Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CASEACE79

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2011
This is something I built until my Spigen stand arrives. I like it so much I might keep it. My son has a bin with over 2000 legos so I am sure he wont miss these 50 or so pieces. The Mini figures are the perfect size to hold the chord. I also have some other lego hooks for chord management. I went with the Star Wars theme. I usually tuck the watch band underneath so it looks more uniform. I plan on re-doing it at some point and using some Crazy glue so it doesnt come apart.

RELEASE THE KRAGLE!!! Sorry had to!!!

Everything is awesome!!!!

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
The spigen apple watch stand would be perfect if it were a little taller.

When I take off my Milanese loop, I leave it at a very loose setting (so that the loop is very large) so it is easy to put back on my hand.

I don't want it laying on/brushing against the bottom of the stand as I put it on/off the stand.

Ex: Don't like the contact
picture.php

mbaturin

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Southern NJ
I would love to have this one, since I have an iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. Just not sure if it would work for the full sized iPad Air 2 - looks like it's built for the mini. Also its very pricey @ $135. Doesn't ship until July. :(

W3-whiteBG.jpg

Link Here

1finite

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Picked up a raw finish stand from metacove since I'm moving soon and not sure of the color I'll want in my new place.

Initial impression: it's awesome. It was packaged like the hope diamond, everything fits perfectly, and it's so sturdy. Well done metacove!

cycxBlPl.jpg

Excuse the pic quality I had to use my iPad.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2009
California
Lol, yeah I was worried at first when the package arrived. Wasn't sire how big the actual dock was gonna be. But really, it was packed very well.

Picked up a raw finish stand from metacove since I'm moving soon and not sure of the color I'll want in my new place.

Initial impression: it's awesome. It was packaged like the hope diamond, everything fits perfectly, and it's so sturdy. Well done metacove!

Excuse the pic quality I had to use my iPad.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
How To Turn Your Apple Watch Sport Box Into A Nifty Charging Stand

First . . . I really like the box/case my Apple Sport came in.
As I was looking at it I thought . . .
How great would it be if my watch came in a case that could also serve/double as a charging stand. I would think that it wouldn't be hard for Apple to do.

Well, someone did it!
http://www.ibtimes.com/how-turn-your-apple-watch-sport-box-nifty-charging-stand-1917170

Attachments

• apple-watch-sport--stand.jpg
    apple-watch-sport--stand.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 315

metacove1

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Portenzo makes nice products. I prefer a stand that works better with loop style bands. Not all bands lay flat.

Spendlove

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Cambridge UK
My Spigen stand arrived today. Does the job. Oh and no writing visible on the base.

It doesn't slide.

It's light.

Holds my sport just fine.

Looks good.

Cost bugger all.

hnb48

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham, AL
Custom Stand for Apple Watch & iPhone

Here are a few updated pictures of the custom Oak stands I've made.

Very nice work metacove1. Are you planning on making more of these dual stands? If so, I would be interested. If possible, could a stand be made from cherry or using a cherry stain? PM me if possible.

Thanks for the consideration and good luck with your handy work.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Spigen Stand and Poetic

I ordered the Spigen stand from Amazon for $16.99 with free shipping and think that it is a very nice stand for the price. BTW, I noticed that Amazon has more Apple Watch stands that I didn't see before. Anyway I needed something that was available now at a decent price. The Spigen fills the bill quite nicely.

I bought an extra charging cable so I looked, on Amazon again, for another reasonably priced stand. Since I already have one stand, this time, I wasn't pressed about finding something for use immediately. I found this stand from Poetic, which retailed for $29.99 (on other sites) but snagged it for $14.90 with shipping. I was pleased with the color selections. I chose Space Gray to match my watch. I also liked that it accommodates my iPhone as well. I've ordered Poetic cases for my iPad and have been satisfied with them. So, I'm somewhat familiar with the brand. Anyway, it ships in June and that was fine for me!

Attachments

• 51XhOSTOCgL._SL1000_.jpg
    51XhOSTOCgL._SL1000_.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 211

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2009
California
I wish they had more photos of the stand. I'd like to see an iPhone 6+ on the stand and see if it touches the watch.

I bought an extra charging cable so I looked, on Amazon again, for another reasonably priced stand. Since I already have one stand, this time, I wasn't pressed about finding something for use immediately. I found this stand from Poetic, which retailed for $29.99 (on other sites) but snagged it for $14.90 with shipping. I was pleased with the color selections. I chose Space Gray to match my watch. I also liked that it accommodates my iPhone as well. I've ordered Poetic cases for my iPad and have been satisfied with them. So, I'm somewhat familiar with the brand. Anyway, it ships in June and that was fine for me!

laurenashley

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Bloomington, IN
Anybody Seen these yet??? What do you guys think?? Been thinking of getting this one because I don't want to charge my phone out in the open and I can bring the case/charger anywehere even when travelling. Is it worth the 59 though?

http://www.studioproper.com/pages/apple-watch-charging-dock

This one is the most intriguing dock/case I've seen! Mostly because it can be used as both...which may make it worth the cost. I'm definitely thinking about this one, and I almost bought their iPhone case + dock before! I'm curious to see it in person though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.