Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-android

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
I appreciate your opinion, but my channel has plenty of subs so clearly several people enjoy the commentary. Appreciate the view though!

i know. sorry if i came across as mean. some people just want to see the stuff though so my reply was for those people.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
I got myself some sticky tack off of Amazon and it seems to keep my Spigen stand steady. I guess I'll know for sure when my watch actually makes it here :mad:

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I got myself some sticky tack off of Amazon and it seems to keep my Spigen stand steady. I guess I'll know for sure when my watch actually makes it here :mad:
I picked up some double-sided tape for the same purpose, but just carpet tape.
People need to be careful - don't get anything two strong that could make it next to impossible to remove the stand from the furniture / damage the finish of the furniture when you go to remove it.
Some of those double-sided tapes are rated for 25kg or 50kg or weight!! :)

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
I've been following this thread since the beginning and I don't recall this being posted...

http://usa.just-mobile.com/iphone/timestand.html#.VXI53WDWKTU

I'm increasingly wary of stands that result in metal-on-metal with the Apple Watch, but it's another worth considering.

st-180_2_1.jpg

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
Help me decide. I have narrowed my choice to Twelve South or Mophie. Some others look nice but I want one that is actually available. Which is more stable, waiting for SBSS.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Help me decide. I have narrowed my choice to Twelve South or Mophie. Some others look nice but I want one that is actually available. Which is more stable, waiting for SBSS.
Of the two, I think you should get the Mophie. It's tall enough that you won't have to worry about the link bracelet being closed or not when you cradle it. Not a fan of the twelve south at all...

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
Of the two, I think you should get the Mophie. It's tall enough that you won't have to worry about the link bracelet being closed or not when you cradle it. Not a fan of the twelve south at all...
Thanks, do you know if Simply Mac carries the Twelve South? There is a Best Buy and a Simply Mac I will be near tomorrow and could visually compare. I am concerned about tipping, does Mophie have a heavy base because I do like the design better.

BuckeyeDonovan

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Ohio
Finally heard from Dodocase, my dual charging dock has finally shipped. Once I get it I'll take some pictures and post them/my impressions of it.

Edit) Slight update, I'll be getting it on the 9th

Last edited:

jaysquires

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Some pics of my Orzly Duostand. Very happy with product and only cost £10 from Amazon UK (upto £15 now)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Thanks, do you know if Simply Mac carries the Twelve South? There is a Best Buy and a Simply Mac I will be near tomorrow and could visually compare. I am concerned about tipping, does Mophie have a heavy base because I do like the design better.
Heh. I don't think we have "Simply Mac" in Canada, so can't tell you that. :) From what I've read the Mophie does have a heavy base, so it's good and sturdy. (I'm just going to use double-sided tape for my Spigen to keep it in place).

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Here's my modded Spigen stand. Bought a round block of birch wood at Hobby Lobby and put on a clear coat of varnish. I removed the little rubber feet from the Spigen stand and superglued it to the block. I then stuck four rubber feet to the bottom of the block. I also cut a piece of black adhesive felt to put on the base of the stand where the band rubbed against it. Now my Spigen stand is heavy, stable, doesn't slide around, and it also matches my rustic wood lamp.
Photo Jun 06, 9 51 08 AM.jpg

1sazim

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Hah, Unfortunately not. The material alone would make it not worth the cost, but I'm glad you guys like it. Our 3D Division put this together with my input, so I can't take all the credit.
"There will be a blog post later this week from out 3D Group with the stl files available. I will link to it when it is ready."

I'd also be interested because my son promised me one if he can get the .stl files. That would be great!

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Just finished the Nomad Apple Watch review.

BTW the Spigen Apple Watch stand is for sale $21 PayPal gift shipped.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433632806.103824.jpg

eritos

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
Here's what I came up with after seeing the all the Lego stands that some members posted. I'm still waiting on my watch but it should arrive this coming Monday. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 184

Repelle

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2015
Andover UK / SF CA
If anyone is interested I did a video of unboxing, setup, and giving my initial impressions of the Twelve South Hi-Rise stand for the Apple Watch. Let me know what you think of the stand!

Thanks for the video. Really well presented.

I have just ordered the HiRise in silver to replace the Spigen. Have you had a chance to compare them yet? I felt the Spigen is almost a little too simplistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.