Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the video. Really well presented.

I have just ordered the HiRise in silver to replace the Spigen. Have you had a chance to compare them yet? I felt the Spigen is almost a little too simplistic.
I was choosing between the Mophie and the Twelve South. I was able to look at them both yesterday, the Twelve South at Simply Mac and the Mophie at Best Buy. I decided on the the Twelve South. It seems to have the sturdiness I was concerned with. Also picked up a Twelve South HiRise for my iPhone. Like them both! (I had canceled my NOMAD order, and glad I did.)

Repelle

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2015
Andover UK / SF CA
I was choosing between the Mophie and the Twelve South. I was able to look at them both yesterday, the Twelve South at Simply Mac and the Mophie at Best Buy. I decided on the the Twelve South. It seems to have the sturdiness I was concerned with. Also picked up a Twelve South HiRise for my iPhone. Like them both! (I had canceled my NOMAD order, and glad I did.)

Yeh, sturdiness is a slight concern with the Spigen, the Mophie also doesn't look like it'd take much to tip over. Also, I'd be petrified (slight exaggeration) of the all-metal finish of the Nomad.

Too bad I'm not in the States at the moment, got to wait for international shipping from B&H for the HiRise.

sam.mcneill

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2015
95d0b0b586e9b9ac6edfafe7b5101c5b.jpg
83cda0e46f4c7b8354aba645054bac0b.jpg

I dug around in the loft for a temporary stand solution, but I'm actually so pleased with it I'm not going to bother buying an actual stand!

laurenashley

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Bloomington, IN
Thanks, do you know if Simply Mac carries the Twelve South? There is a Best Buy and a Simply Mac I will be near tomorrow and could visually compare. I am concerned about tipping, does Mophie have a heavy base because I do like the design better.
I work at Simply Mac and it's the only Apple Watch stand we carry so far (Twelve South)! We just have the silver though. Wish I would have seen this sooner but I got the stand myself and I love it!!! Plus you don't have to worry about metal scratching on metal because all of the surfaces that would potentially touch the watch are either rubber or leather :)

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
I work at Simply Mac and it's the only Apple Watch stand we carry so far (Twelve South)! We just have the silver though. Wish I would have seen this sooner but I got the stand myself and I love it!!! Plus you don't have to worry about metal scratching on metal because all of the surfaces that would potentially touch the watch are either rubber or leather :)
Decided on the Twelve South for both watch and iPhone! Very pleased, and Simply Mac is a nice place to shop! Thanks to you guys and gals for being so informed and professional!

woodyas

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
I also have the Twelve South and LOVE IT. Looks great...and so easy to grab the watch in the morning. Also have Twelve South for IPhone 6 + and my I Pad. Great company.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
I have the Orzly DuoStand, but I only have my two iPhones and the AppleWatch, so when I saw another poster on this forum had taken some great shots that demonstrated that the stand even works with an iPad, I thought it would be interesting to post them here, as his pics do it more justice. (thanks to jaysquires for originally posting these. -Taken from this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/my-review-of-the-orzly-duostand-w-pictures.1889067/ )
image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
To me the Orzly stand looks like someone took the Spigen design and put a couple of tabs on the side that you can set your iPhone there. (not crazy about the colour either). If it's supposed to be for charging your iPhone or iPad, why isn't there a spot to secure the lightning cable? It seems odd that the cable is still loose - doesn't seem (to me) that there's a lot of benefit to putting it there, rather than laying flat on my bedside table at night.

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
I just got my dodo dual charger/dock. My first Dodo case. Unfortunately I do not have my watch yet so . . . can't tell you how well the fit for the induction puck is. That being said, the musky wood aroma/book binding looks very nice.

I've routed my lightning cable through the spine and now have my phone in landscape mode with the Work Time App on at night to serve as a weather/calendar/alarm/clock. I like it so far. The magnets are strong in enough to keep the wood stand in place but you do need two hands to unplug the lightning cable from your phone.

I just received my Dodo case, and am returning it. The good: well made, disk cutout is very precise and snug, and I like flat docks. Downsides are that the cable routing could be a lot better with two cables, and the posts pinch the cables tightly. Plus, the connection between the watch and charger was, oddly, less distinct than with the TwelveSouth HiRise stand. But the killer was that the cut out for the phone is too narrow. The copy say that it accommodate most cases. My iP6 with a Candyshell case does fit, but because the cut out is too narrow and the dock is angled forward when I use, the phone tends to just fall forward, which is a non-starter. Too bad, because otherwise a nice dock.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
With apple now introducing bedside clock mode where your watch is on its side to show the time, are there any docks that take advantage of this? I want something like the dock I have for my moto360.

Geckoking

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2015
Receive my bamboo stand today. Ordered off amazon $15.99

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 339
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 329
Reactions: mokeiko and pakyooh

zinned

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Receive my bamboo stand today. Ordered off amazon $15.99

I liked that. But to me it's useless since there is no holder for the charging cable for the iPhone. I can't just place the my iPhone in the dock and start charging.

Geckoking

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2015
I liked that. But to me it's useless since there is no holder for the charging cable for the iPhone. I can't just place the my iPhone in the dock and start charging.

There is no holder for the charge cable but it does slip under the slot just fine.. The pic I posted has both watch and phone charging.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Tempted to buy the Night Stand. But since I live in the Netherlands it is 38 dollars with shipping. That's a bit too much for me.
There is no holder for the charge cable but it does slip under the slot just fine.. The pic I posted has both watch and phone charging.
I have one of these on order from eBay. I like the way that both the phone and watch are side by side

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.