Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odanrot

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Like quite a few have already posted, I had a significant problem seeing my watch face in the dark. Much dimmer than my Ultra 1 and nothing would make it brighter. Really considered returning it.

However...just updated to 10.0.2 and the dimming problem is fixed! For anyone else having this problem, I think we have the solution.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Like quite a few have already posted, I had a significant problem seeing my watch face in the dark. Much dimmer than my Ultra 1 and nothing would make it brighter. Really considered returning it.

However...just updated to 10.0.2 and the dimming problem is fixed! For anyone else having this problem, I think we have the solution.
I thnk this guy scooped you! ;)

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023

IMG_5345.jpeg In case anybody got their hopes up…

Zest28

Suspended
Jul 11, 2022
How are more people not talking about this? Seems like a huge oversight.

Is there an issue? I haven't compared my Apple Watch Ultra 2 against my Series 6 in the dark, but I can see the face just fine.

Maybe I will do some testing tonight against my older Series 6 and see if it is dimmer or not in the dark. But I wouldn't have known there is an issue about brightness in the dark if I didn't read it here on MacRumors basically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.