Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marcoiceman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2024
It's my first post forgive the mistakes, I am writing to ask you if it is possible to remove the scratches on the highlighted part as it gets scratched just by looking at it
Since it is a shiny part compared to the rest of the watch, I thought polish could be used
The photo is not mešŸ˜…
Thanks and love u

Attachments

• IMG_7618.jpeg
    IMG_7618.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
If you polish the scratch out then you'll have a portion of the watch that is polished and the rest of the watch won't be polished.

Best to live with it, or polish the entire thing. Or if you want shiny bling get an Hermes.

Marcoiceman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2024
If you polish the scratch out then you'll have a portion of the watch that is polished and the rest of the watch won't be polished.

Best to live with it, or polish the entire thing. Or if you want shiny bling get an Hermes.
yes, but in fact I'm talking about the only shiny part of the case

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
yes, but in fact I'm talking about the only shiny part of the case
I did some polishing on that very small shiny part of an ultra. It works, but is not really recommendable, because it is so small. Polishing a "polished steel" watch is easy and worth the work.
You might be somewhat successful with a small piece of "Cape Cod" wrapped around the backside of a match.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.