Apple Watch UPS Planes are on the Move!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by K1llth3b3ast, Apr 16, 2015.

1. K1llth3b3ast macrumors newbie

This is the same tracker used to track the iPhone 6 planes! It's happening!

http://flightaware.com/live/iphone

2. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

I am ignorant about this tracking subject, but I am doubtful that these actually contain the watches.

If this were true, people would of been getting shipping notifications, right? And it only takes a few days to ship once they're inside the U.S.

IMO, this is just a batch of iPhones. I would think we would see these next week.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

3. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

not casting doubt - i have no idea but... don't many things ship out of china? How do we know its apple watches? just looking for more info - thanks

4. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Watches are already in the US in warehouses for distribution on "launch" day. Those flights could well contain additional shipments.

5. mrcobra92 macrumors 6502

6. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

This is exciting, but wouldn't we track shipping starting from China?

7. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

How do you know this?

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

Or those flights contain blow up dolls from a factory in Shenzen

9. NocturnalJazz macrumors regular

Couldn't those be MacBooks? Or anything for that matter?!

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's just a page showing the movement of UPS planes.

If you have tracking info for your package, you can figure out which plane your package is on, because the tracking info would say something like Depart Shenzhen 6am, and then you look at the flight info and see a plane that leaves Shenzhen for Anchorage at 6:30 (with a stopover in Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, etc), so you know your package is on that plane.

Without the tracking info there is no way to know what is on that plane.

11. kovey macrumors 6502a

If there's one thing you should learn from this forum, is to never trust a 1-post newbie posting random misinformation with zero evidence.

That flight aware page clearly states IPHONES, by the way.

12. K1llth3b3ast thread starter macrumors newbie

It says iPhones because it's the same page that tracked the iphone 6 shipment.

13. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

But what makes you think that it's tracking watch shipments now?

14. dhurricane74 macrumors regular

That's an old FlightAware page for the iPhone 6/6+ launch. Hopefully we will soon be able to track our watches... But not from that link.

15. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

For the past several years I've received my iPhone shipping notifications from the day before it has been delivered up to the same day it was delivered. In other words, the phone had done a lot of moving around before I received any notification. In one case it was delivered to my house before I received a shipping notification.

16. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Those are just daily flights.

When your watch is on one you'll have a tracking number with a departure scan matching the planes departure.

17. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

From someone who works security at Apple's warehouses. It was the same thing for the iPhone 6 frenzy. i'm not saying those particular flights contain Apple Watches or not - just that there are already warehouses being stocked stateside.

18. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

The link says iPhone shipments for Friday's release.

19. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

The page tracks UPS flights from China - regardless of what they're carrying. The fact that flights are showing here does NOT mean they contain watches, iPhones, iPads or anything else Apple sells!

IF you have tracking information you can see the flight's progress. If you don't have tracking information, it's completely meaningless. It absolutely does not mean what you think it means.

20. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

Go ahead and grab one for me ;)

21. cmichaelb, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

No offense but if you really new Apple's business model they don't warehouse much themselves. They drop ship straight from the manufacturer in most cases. Unless it's a custom built machine or the Mac Pro.

This is how a TON of companies operate- why pay for a warehouse when your supplier can take that burden. It's cheaper to pay them to operate your own.

It's also discussed in Jobs by Walter Issacson.

----------

Exactly! I work in the industry - planes are flying ALL THE TIME. UPS and FedEx ship MILLIONS of packages each day. You will have no idea what flight your watch is taking.

It's actually cheaper by ocean fright but that's a whole other conversation.

22. Evildude683 macrumors regular

Evildude683

23. dhurricane74 macrumors regular

But it doesn't list dates... If you follow the links on the page it jumps back to old iPhone 6/6+ MacRumors pages. I'm sure there are planes flying out right now with Apple products, maybe even watches... But until the release tracking info, we can only guess.

24. pragmatous macrumors 65816

But why does it talk about iphones? How do I know it's not an animated gif?

25. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

No offense taken. Feel free to disregard.

But by doing so, you'll need to disregard a previous article right here on MacRumors on how Apple is able to do a simultaneous delivery on such a massive scale including the use of "storage warehouses."

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/11/how-apple-ships-millions-of-iphones-for-simultaneous-delivery/

I'll be over here waiting for an "oh hey - maybe you actually do know some information about this"