Apple Watch Verizon LTE issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by justinTlME, Sep 27, 2017.

1. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

So who else can't activate their new Apple Watch Series 3 on Verizon? Just got my watch earlier and have had no luck for about 7 hours. What the heck is going on with all of these carriers dropping the ball?

2. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

I think it's the watch that can't hold a signal. Let me guess....I'm wearing it wrong?

3. justinTlME thread starter macrumors 6502

justinTlME

This has nothing to do with holding a signal, it has everything to do with Verizon not being able to activate the watches. They see the watch, they can give me all the info, but they cannot activate it. They admitted to me that it was a problem on their end tonight. I was just curious how many others out there like me there are.....?

4. DblHelix macrumors 6502

No issues here. Took 2 tries to activate. Once activated showed no signal. Reboot d and has had no problem finding or holding signal in sf bay

5. justinTlME thread starter macrumors 6502

justinTlME

So you were able to run the “set up cellular” option right from the app on the phone? Went through the steps and got set up in two tries? I get “device not added” every time.

6. infamousjlyn macrumors newbie

there are issues with verizon and the apple watch, I myself haven't been successful in activating and I receive my watch friday. Verizon has submitted multiple tickets and I have spent hours on both Verizon tech support and Apple tech support.

here is a thread to follow:
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/938158

7. andrewket macrumors regular

I got further in the activation process than I ever have this morning. It told me I could add it for $10, asked me for my 911 address, and went to activate. After several seconds it then failed.

Before it would fail on checking plan (I have a gUDP).

8. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

I am on a business plan, and was able to finally activate. My business plan was incompatible, so my rep setup my phone on a subplan, activated the watch and then moved my phone back over to the original plan.

FWIW