Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PPSH-41

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
USA
Is there any way to have the weather complication get the weather data from any source other than the default Apple Weather? Here is my issue. The default weather app called "Weather" shows the highs and lows for my location. For example today 76 for the high and 46 for the low. Therefore on my watch, I see the highs and lows of 76 and 46.

If I open other weather apps, the data is different and actually more accurate for my location. Examples:
Accuweather app: High/Low 76/57
Wunderground app: High/Low 76/56
Local Fox News app: High/Low 76/56
The Weather Channel app: High/Low 76/56

As you can see, the data from any other weather app is more accurate. The main issue is the data from the stock "Weather app" is inaccurate IMHO.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestion.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is there any way to have the weather complication get the weather data from any source other than the default Apple Weather? Here is my issue. The default weather app called "Weather" shows the highs and lows for my location. For example today 76 for the high and 46 for the low. Therefore on my watch, I see the highs and lows of 76 and 46.

If I open other weather apps, the data is different and actually more accurate for my location. Examples:
Accuweather app: High/Low 76/57
Wunderground app: High/Low 76/56
Local Fox News app: High/Low 76/56
The Weather Channel app: High/Low 76/56

As you can see, the data from any other weather app is more accurate. The main issue is the data from the stock "Weather app" is inaccurate IMHO.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestion.
Short answer: no. The stock weather app has a single source of data.

No, we can NOT see from your post that any of the sites are "more accurate for [your] location" ... we can see that the majority that you listed have a higher low temp... but who's to say that they aren't all wrong and the source for the stock weather app is correct? One cannot infer accuracy based merely on a list of data.

My suggestion would be to find another weather app that uses your preferred weather source (that also has a watch complication) and use that instead fo the Apple stock weather app.

Reactions: TinyChip

PPSH-41

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
USA
My suggestion would be to find another weather app that uses your preferred weather source (that also has a watch complication) and use that instead fo the Apple stock weather app.
That is what I was trying to find out. What, if any, weather apps have their own complications.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
That is what I was trying to find out. What, if any, weather apps have their own complications.

Many do, but you have to search for one that fits your need ... open the App Store on your phone and search for WEATHER+WATCH and look through the list. Carrot is very popular, albeit, it requires a subscription... others are one-time purchase, free or subscription.

A quick search of the MR site turned up this link (from March 2020):

Reactions: Night Spring
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.