Apple Watch weather location sync with phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Crwmlw, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Crwmlw macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Morning all. I've tried several different weather apps that are supposed to work with the Apple Watch, Weather Channel is my preference but when I choose that app on the customization on the watch it only shows precipitation on the watch face, I then downloaded yahoo weather which on the phone itself keeps updating the location as I'm driving constantly, however on the phone it does not update the location. I have to manually tap on weather and change it. Does anyone know a weather app that will constantly update the weather on the watch like it does on the phone? Thanks all

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Try Carrot Weather - updates location and weather for that location. Also take a look at Dark Sky.

3. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Seconding Carrot. Awesome app and the developer is very active on this very forum.

4. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Does it constantly update the weather location on watch?

5. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Frequently, yes. Watch can't be updated at more than 10 minute intervals in any case (though that seems frequent enough in the case of weather)

6. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Not to sound cheap but as much as I look at weather a free option would be best suited if possible

7. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

No, I get that. I hesitated to pull the trigger on Carrot myself. I'm afraid I'll have to leave the answer to someone else though. Hope you find something that fits the bill - I'd imagine it's out there.

8. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

You might struggle to get an app that provides hyperlocal forecasts for free. The developers usually have to pay for the weather data from the likes of Forecast.io.

9. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

I gotcha. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to update the weather using native app or yahoo weather on the watch? Maybe I'm not giving it enough time? Usually keeps the same city for a few hours. I thought the weather would sync with what's on the phone? That doesnt seem to be the case though, would it be almost instant with carrot?

10. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I've never noticed an appreciable delay with carrot but, though I fly a lot and check the weather when I land, I tend not to be a frequent checker of weather after that. You could ask the dev and get it from the horse's mouth though

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/carrot-weathers-customizable-complications.1933213/

11. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Oh thank you very much. That was awesome of you, I'll do that. Have a great day

12. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I removed every free weather app I tried from my watch and bought Carrot. While I too hated paying for a weather app it's not like it's that expensive and it really works!